Mel Tours - Coordinates

Ranger

Apr 9, 2004
Hi!

We'll be vacationing for 5 days at the Casa Marina Beech resort in Sosua starting next Thursday and have read many positive (and a few negative) reviews of Mel Tours located close to the resort. Is it true that Mel charges up to 50% less than its competitors? Also, I have not been able to find Mel's website or even the phone number on the net. Does someone have their coordinates? Thanks.

koko*

Sep 16, 2005
There are two locations in Sosua for Mel's Tours. One is right across the street from Casa Marina Beach entrance and the other is in the shopping plaza around the Check Point bar. I have used Mel's a few times and found it to be a great value and terrific tours.

mommacat

Apr 12, 2005
We used Mel Tour and were very happy with their representative Linda. She is right behind Checkpoint in Sousa. Watch out for some locals pretending to be Mel Tour reps (some have picture ID-that is totally BS, but looks legit to the unsuspecting).

Try this meltours@gmail.com

Good luck
Cat

Sosuadomrep

Mar 3, 2006
www.sosuadomrep.com
Below you will find contact details for the Mel Tours Offices
http://www.sosuadomrep.com/Mel_Tour.htm

Offices located at:

Sosua

Next to Checkpoint (pub/sandwich bar) at the Beach Way Plaza(behind the la roca restaurant), near Sosua Beach
Tel: +1 ( 809 ) 571 2057 - Linda

In front of the Casa Marina Beach Hotel entrance Tel: +1 ( 809 ) 571 4002 - Mel

Near the baseball field in front of Casa Marina Reef Hotel entrance
Tel: +1 ( 809 ) 571 3094 - Charly & Narzisso

Cabarete

Beside the Hotel Paraiso del sol
Tel: +1 ( 809 ) 571 0271 - Charmacho

Beside the Jose o' Shey's restaurant. - Efraim

Hope this is useful to you
Dean
www.sosuadomrep.com

Sosua Gal

Jul 7, 2005
checkpointsosua.spaces.live.com
Call me biased, but as a tourist we booked with Linda every year before we moved here and still refer everyone to her- she speaks English, German and Spanish, is very knowledgable and kind, and just an all around nice girl.
These people work on a small commission scale, so we always tipped and never asked for a "discount" because it came directly out of her pocket.
The prices are already up to half of what you'd pay booking with a tour operator in your hotel, so do your homework and compare those prices with Linda's.
Her email address is meltours@gmail.com

hannahleea

Jan 31, 2006
Thanks for the above information. I checked out the website, and found it very informative. I love the photo albums. I'll be staying in Luperon, so I'll contact them and see if they pick up in that area.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i have used Mel's tours before also with no problems. i plan on doing the catamaran, paradise island, bacardi island, santiago this time. anyone recommend any other good tours ?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks for the above information. I checked out the website, and found it very informative. I love the photo albums. I'll be staying in Luperon, so I'll contact them and see if they pick up in that area.
Luperon is a couple of hours from Sosua.
You may be better off trying to find someone local.

Sncblustang04

Sep 19, 2008
We got screwed!

Be very careful with who you book your trips with. We got screwed out of a trip to Haiti and never got our deposit back. We even got the police involved and still didn't get our money back. :mad: