Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ddoran View Post
    HB married the smartest, wealthiest, prettiest girl from Mao. He was the lucky one. My best to the Midence clan!
    God rest her soul.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jstarebel View Post
    I was hooked on Dominican women in 2002 after my first non work related trip to the DR. Met my wife on Providenciales TCI in 2005. Married her in 2006. Yep.. Married a "Barrio Girl" and I guess because of my lack of sophistication, I couldn't be happier. We celebrated our 9th year together March of this year.

We have had a very happy life sailing together throughout the Caribbean while working.

Still Happy, and the grey in the beard tells the tail of how much time together. ( FYI, MOST (not all) of the grey is from work.
    Congrats to you 2.

3. Likes Bronxboy, greydread, Harleysrock liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Asuncion was god's gift

agree: God is happy now because he invited one of his favorites up to heaven earlier than planned

what a great lady!

my best to Luis and his family

dd de moncion

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jstarebel View Post
    I was hooked on Dominican women in 2002 after my first non work related trip to the DR. Met my wife on Providenciales TCI in 2005. Married her in 2006. Yep.. Married a "Barrio Girl" and I guess because of my lack of sophistication, I couldn't be happier. We celebrated our 9th year together March of this year.

We have had a very happy life sailing together throughout the Caribbean while working.

Still Happy, and the grey in the beard tells the tail of how much time together. ( FYI, MOST (not all) of the grey is from work.
    I can't define happiness, contentment and unity in so many words but I know it when I see it.

Cheers and continued good years.

6. Likes Bronxboy, Africaida, AlterEgo, jstarebel liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 12 years later

39 year age difference, met the first hour of my first trip to the DR. She from a life of poverty, me a relatively successful guy from Manhattan. Twelve years later, against all odds, we have a marriage and a success story beyond belief. She went back to school (had not gone past the 7th grade), and has just graduated as a lawyer. The kids are going to school in the US and will eventually become American citizens. And the rewards to me are indescribable.

I posted here about our relationship about 7 years ago - many had the usual (reasonable) doubts and a few responded with their support and encouragement. I'm here to say it worked!!!

8. Likes RonS, Major448, AnnaC, caribmike, DOC1727 and 23 others liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! It is always nice to hear of the successful relationships.

10. Likes AnnaC, TP666, frank12 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for giving the update. Can you share what you think contributed to your success?

Lindsey

13. Likes HIRAM, Meemselle liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Refreshing

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Great story. Congratulations.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast