HIV meds in the DR

jtjtjt

Apr 7, 2004
Can anyone tell me where I can get HIV meds in the DR, a doctor or clinic..flying back to the states every three months becomes rather expensive ..all info will be kept very private...thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You might try the Public Health Ministry

They have programs for HIV+ patients, and if they can't supply the medicine, they can certainly steer you to whoever handles that in Santo Domingo.

HB

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
HIV Meds

JT,
unfortunately I do not know. But when you find out where those services are please let me know. I am working towards creating a foundation to assist HIV/AIDS patients in the DR (specifically SDQ), as well as education prevention materials to various groups. Any information you may come across PLEASE let me know.
Thanks, and good luck.
TEHAMA

bonao1969

May 8, 2004
jtjtjt said:
Can anyone tell me where I can get HIV meds in the DR, a doctor or clinic..flying back to the states every three months becomes rather expensive ..all info will be kept very private...thanks
My wife has the same problem. She hasn't been able to find out if the meds are even available in the DR. We have checked all the Dominican Health web sites and US websites including CDC. Also checked with her Cousin there who is a nurse. Nothing. Any info welcome. We will also post anything we find.