Boca Chica

sumers

Apr 11, 2004
Hey everyone. I am a soon to be graduate of college and I might be moving to Boca Chica for two years for a job. Is there any advice you can give me on housing in Boca Chica? /Rates, areas, safety,etc...???thanks a lot

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
What Job?

A decent apartment here ( I am reporting in this week from Boca Chica) is around US$850 to US$1000 and unless you are a total nimrod and cannot figure out a bad area or time of day or both, safety is not a real issue.

I'd be surprised there would be many jobs IN Boca Chica that would pay enough to live here.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
USD 850 to 1,000 is approx. RD 37,200 to 43,700 a month, using yesterdays ATM rate. You can get a lot better deals than that. Whether you will get paid for the work you do or not is more of a concern. If your job is tourist related, watch your steps. Expat employers have a tendency to consider food and living in the Caribbean a sufficient salary, they don't pay their own apt. rent so why should they pay their expat employees? If your future employer is from the country surronding Hamburg, be very careful. People leave on prepaid return tickets cause they never got paid. Be lucky.

And by the way, I live here. I love it and I hate it!!

Last edited: