Puerto Plata - Late April / Early May

krazy_kanuck

Apr 12, 2004
Hello Everyone...

I am new to DR1 and am doing a Puerto Plata AI trip (I know... AI the horrors) at the end of April.

I just wanted to start a thread for all the tourists that will be there around that time... We will be there April 27 - May 4, at Puerto Plata Village. Mid 20's couple that would love some company on some excursions away from the resort.

Planning cascading, snorkelling, trips into town, etc.

Any ideas from experienced travellers? comments?

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Do a search on this forum using the words......... scuba, snorkelling, discos, waterfalls etc you will find everything you need to know.

Where are you staying?

krazy_kanuck

Apr 12, 2004
Ppv

tired_boy said:
Where are you staying?

Puerto Plata Village... Heard mixed things, but got an insanely good deal, so not too worried about the resort quality... as long as the sun is out to burn my gringo skin, and the beer is cold, i will be happy!

bnjj

Feb 28, 2004
krazy_kanuck said:
Puerto Plata Village... Heard mixed things, but got an insanely good deal, so not too worried about the resort quality... as long as the sun is out to burn my gringo skin, and the beer is cold, i will be happy!
I just got back from the PPV a week ago tomorrow and it was fine. The rooms are very basic but really, what all does a person need since they spend such little time in their rooms anyway?

I posted a trip report with many more details about the food, the staff, etc., just yesterday or the day before on this site under "Trip Reports" if you're looking for more info.

jessiola

Apr 20, 2004
I will be there too!

krazy_kanuck said:
Hello Everyone...

I just wanted to start a thread for all the tourists that will be there around that time... We will be there April 27 - May 4, at Puerto Plata Village. Mid 20's couple that would love some company on some excursions away from the resort.

Planning cascading, snorkelling, trips into town, etc.

Any ideas from experienced travellers? comments?

hi kanuck! me and two friends will be there too! we are younger than you (18 and 19) but we will see you at the beach and bar!

anyone else around PPV / Playa Dorada between April 25 and May2?

Jessi

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I'll in Playa Dorada on April 25-May 3 stating at Paradise Beach Resort! Two females 28 yrs old!
5 more days can't wait! We are also going to head out to Cabarete and Sosua for a day!

krazy_kanuck

Apr 12, 2004
Music said:
I'll in Playa Dorada on April 25-May 3 stating at Paradise Beach Resort! Two females 28 yrs old!
5 more days can't wait! We are also going to head out to Cabarete and Sosua for a day!

well we should meet up for drinks then! being at different resorts could make that difficult though.