surgery

osner

Feb 16, 2003
Does anybody know the website or phone number for a plastic surgeon named Cabral he is located in Santo domingo.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Use the DR Superpages

osner said:
Does anybody know the website or phone number for a plastic surgeon named Cabral he is located in Santo domingo.

There is a quite good and accurate online yellow and white pages called Superpages if you search here or in google for Superpages and Dominican you should get what you need.

Randi

Mar 14, 2004
A slightly related question...does anyone know anything about the medical clinic on Ave. 27 de Febrero in Puerto Plata? My friend was brought there when she broke her foot last week. The doctor wanted to perform surgery but instead put a hard cast on and let us return home to the states early (much to my disappointment!). Does that clinic have a reputation (good or bad) in the area?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The doctor wanted to perform surgery because he would then claim off your friends insurance company at a VERY inflated price!!! Standard procedure here in the DR!! I would seriously recommend that your friend gets her foot checked by your local doctor to find out if it was broken in the first place & have any corrective action necessary done immediately!!

Did the foot swell very much when on the airplane at 30,000 ft? If not, I doubt if it was broken - just a thought?? - Grahame

PS - with apologies to the original poster for having hijacked your thread!!!

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
BushBaby said:
The doctor wanted to perform surgery because he would then claim off your friends insurance company at a VERY inflated price!!! Standard procedure here in the DR!! I would seriously recommend that your friend gets her foot checked by your local doctor to find out if it was broken in the first place & have any corrective action necessary done immediately!!

Did the foot swell very much when on the airplane at 30,000 ft? If not, I doubt if it was broken - just a thought?? - Grahame

PS - with apologies to the original poster for having hijacked your thread!!!

Damm, lets hope that airline can do better than 30,00, hopefully around 12 :)

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
must we be so cynical?

Staying on the hijacked track; I don't know anything re. the Pto. Plata hospital or its doctors, but:
the indication for surgery is contingent upon a number of clinical factors and not necessarily due to insurance reimbursement schemes. Depending on the type of injury and its complications (e.g. internal bleeding, open wounds, co-morbidities like diabetes or heart conditions, etc.), prompt surgery is often the optimal therapy but it may be deferred for a variety of reasons.
Assuming that surgery was indicated but not emergent, then immobilizing the limb to await surgery was the appropriate management. With the data available from the case presented, I see nothing wrong with that choice, especially if the patient indeed was a tourist and would, like most people, prefer to have the operation and recovery at his/her home rather than spending a very uncomfortable vacation in a foreign land.

-Tordok