Hotel Cortecito Inn

Gouzzy3

Apr 16, 2004
:cool: Hello,

Just came back from the area of Punta Cana, but this time we stayed at an hotel, the Cortecito Inn in the village of Cortecito. I'm not impressed with the all inclusive, having been in Punta Cana in all inclusive a couple of times, I rather like being in a village than in a big gigantic complex.
The hotel is not a 4 or 5 star, but it's a great little place, nice people, and we realy enjoy it.At least, we can eat when and where we want to. Plenty of local resraurant in the village, very good food and your don't have to show up at a certain time. We book the hotel through internet and took the breakfast, and we were very please we what we had. Clean room, people smiling all the time, and right in the heart of the small village, we had a blast, in the hotel grounds, it's very quiet, clean and very nice... Want to travel outside the All inclusive?? It's a great experience and very nice and not expensive at all.
We simply loved it.
:cool:

snowgirl

Feb 28, 2004
I agree it's a good hotel to stay at (I'm also not a fan of AI's).
Lonely Planet had a few suggestions for low budget options in that area, and after a lot of walking, I ended up in this hotel for the night back in early March. I miss the ice cold Presidente along with many other experiences I had in my first 2 week trip to the DR.
I do not believe there are many low budget hotels in the area, so would recommend this place to others.
I didn't spend enough time on the beach in this area but what I did see was great! Someone should open a budget traveler place in this area similar to Cabarete's surf camp. hmmmmmmm

danely

Apr 23, 2004
El Corte3cito...cab-fare ?

Nice review ! What did the taxi cost from the airport ?? Also, does the hotel allow you to have a friend over for the night ?

Gouzzy3 said:
:cool: Hello,

Just came back from the area of Punta Cana, but this time we stayed at an hotel, the Cortecito Inn in the village of Cortecito. I'm not impressed with the all inclusive, having been in Punta Cana in all inclusive a couple of times, I rather like being in a village than in a big gigantic complex.
The hotel is not a 4 or 5 star, but it's a great little place, nice people, and we realy enjoy it.At least, we can eat when and where we want to. Plenty of local resraurant in the village, very good food and your don't have to show up at a certain time. We book the hotel through internet and took the breakfast, and we were very please we what we had. Clean room, people smiling all the time, and right in the heart of the small village, we had a blast, in the hotel grounds, it's very quiet, clean and very nice... Want to travel outside the All inclusive?? It's a great experience and very nice and not expensive at all.
We simply loved it.
:cool: