Newbie in Dominican

johnnybatman

Apr 18, 2004
Any advise or suggestions

Hello to all you wonderful people. I will be arriving in Puerto Plata on Sat April 24th and will be staying at Caribbean Village Club on the Green it's
inside the Playa Dorata complex. I will looking to go out of the resort to visit a for towns. Also being Canadian I will go to Cafe Cito and watch a playoff hockey game one night (anyone hockey fans want to join me) . Also would like to hook up with some people at the complex for some drinks and fun and get to make new friends. Send me e-mail if you have any info for me
bernie@sympatico.ca or would like to hook up once there. I would also like to thank all the people post on here has I learnt allot of interesting thing that will help me with my trip.
Thank you
Jean

Last edited:

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
welcome to the board and I wish you a great trip

Just remember to refer to the country as the Dominican Republic not the Dominican. Once you are back, please post your experience under our "Trips Report" forum.

keep us posted

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
The real place to watch hockey is in Sosua at Eddy's Sports Bar. Don't miss visiting him, he's a wealth of knowledge and a hell of a guy. He's a fellow Canadian, and will be able to point you in the right direction for whatever you may want to see in the DR.

Best of luck, have a great trip!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
trina said:
The real place to watch hockey is in Sosua at Eddy's Sports Bar. Don't miss visiting him, he's a wealth of knowledge and a hell of a guy. He's a fellow Canadian, and will be able to point you in the right direction for whatever you may want to see in the DR.

Yeah! Tonight don't miss game 7 with the Leafs and that other team. :bandit:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I hope the Leafs go all the way (well, almost all the way, because Calgary will have to beat them out sometime)...
SPEAKING OF WHICH, HOW ABOUT THEM FLAMES!!!!!

ETA: DOMINICAN CONTENT:
Last night, my son Angelo, who is Dominican, asked me if I thought the Flames were going to win the "Family Cup!" He's only been Canadian for 2 years...I guess Lord Stanley doesn't mean much to him...

Last edited:

johnnybatman

Apr 18, 2004
Thank you

trina said:

Eddy it is i will have to there and watch Montreal kick butt.