Can I bring My Dog to the DR for 3 months?

Canadian

Apr 8, 2003
I was wondering what the DR policy is for bringing dogs to the country. Are they quarantined for a period of time? Thanks in advance, and an email to andrewalexanderchase@yahoo.ca would be great as I don't always have an opportunity to go on web.

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
Canadian said:
I was wondering what the DR policy is for bringing dogs to the country. Are they quarantined for a period of time? Thanks in advance, and an email to andrewalexanderchase@yahoo.ca would be great as I don't always have an opportunity to go on web.
Hey! bringing your dog has nothing to do with D.R...but the airline that your traveling in is where you may have some problem's, first they will not allow some breeds to travel - for example American Airlines won't allow pit-bull, doberman's or rotweillers on there plane's because of past damages to cargo, and in order to travel with a pet it must have a his or her's shoots up to date, I mean all of then rabies, worms, etc. then they (the airlines) will charge you a pet fee of $50.U.S. anyway that's what they charged me to bring my Boxer to D.R. and he was a small pup, at the D.R. airport they did not give me a hassle,they said he was a beautiful pup, and send me on my way, remember also the weight of the dog is important as well, if he is over 28 =lbs or so, you could face some problem's but check with your airlines...see ya

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
can I bring my dog?

Yes but keep an eye on him....they are becoming edible here lately!... :paranoid: ...seriously!....last week, a guy demonstrating against the government's economic policies, which have brought a lot of misery to the people, killed and ate his dog!...it was a big deal in the news!