*** Expat Database ***

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's finally open!

http://dr1.com/expat/

This is a place to share your skills and also a contact point for next of kin or friends.

If you find any bugs, please let me know by posting in this thread, thanks.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Lambada said:
Do you want the suggested grammatical changes posted here or would you rather have them via PM?
Here is fine, then we can all see how bad my English is :)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
O.k.!

You was in an accident, probably should be "you were" & there are several "your" which should be "you are" or "you're" - hope this is understandable, difficult to explain at a distance!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Does it have to be expats? Can the rest of us post a contact name and number?
Example, when we were looking for El Jefe.

I always wondered how you guys would know if I dropped dead, lol, The kids have promised they would get into my address book and send everyone an email BUT you never know.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Anna Coniglio said:
Does it have to be expats? Can the rest of us post a contact name and number?
Example, when we were looking for El Jefe.

I always wondered how you guys would know if I dropped dead, lol, The kids have promised they would get into my address book and send everyone an email BUT you never know.

This for people that live and work in the DR, sorry, no exceptions.

Festero

Dec 15, 2002
Work too??

Robert said:
This for people that live and work in the DR, sorry, no exceptions.

What about those that live there, but don't WORK? :) I know there's a few of those!

-Festero del Norte

Jennymiga

Feb 5, 2004
question

If you do not currently live and work in the DR, but WANT to live and work in the DR you cannot post information here?

Just want to make sure...

T

TiberiusMineola

Congratulations to Lambada!! Well done!!

It is good to find a person, in the DR or elsewhere, who takes pride in writing English [or Spanish] correctly. You made my day. There is so much sloppiness & poor usage! More in Spanish than in Englihs in this country! Not nit picking, but important. Right on. Maybe, just maybe, more people will care & try. Well worth the effort. Kudos to Robert, British, I believe, for accepting constructive criticism so gracefully. Next thing we know, Oxford or Yale will be opeining a branch campus in POP!! ps. I was not an English major.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thank you, Tiberius Mineola

Actually, I was not an English major either, although I studied and taught at English Universities (not Oxford). From your name, I assume your backgound was the Classics (also excellent in imparting correct English). I agree the page does look more professional now the corrections have been made, it just needed a little proof reading. Robert & I are both British, we just speak English differently!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Lambada said:
Actually, I was not an English major either, although I studied and taught at English Universities (not Oxford). From your name, I assume your backgound was the Classics (also excellent in imparting correct English). I agree the page does look more professional now the corrections have been made, it just needed a little proof reading. Robert & I are both British, we just speak English differently!

Meeeeeeeoow!!!!!
Actually, EVERYONE speaks (& writes - don't forget the written word!!) English differently to Robert. Not that that is a BAD thing, how boring it would be if we all spoke English in the same way!! I suspect that you are more alluding to the fact that you CHECK what you write & ensure it is grammatically & spelling correct before you commit your written words to prosperity!!! - Grahame

Are you back now Tiberius??? Do we need to chat?? (In PROPER English of course!!).

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Lambada said:
I would be a rich woman!!

Damn!!!! Another illusion shattered!! I Thought you WERE a Rich woman!!

YOU know, I know & most likely Tiberius knows I meant 'Posterity' not "prosperity"!! "She that must be Obeyed gave me a right lambasting last night for my insertion of an incorrect word!!! As I told her, "I was just waiting to see how many corrcted me". Obviously a whole lot of other people speak English Proper like what I do!!! - Grahame.