Esmeralda Apart Hotel?

SS2

Mar 13, 2004
Has anyone heard of this apart hotel, or have any info on it? I'll be coming to the DR in August, and I'm looking for a place to stay (for a 2-3 month period) in SD. I've been doing some research and have found out about pretty much every apart hotel, except for this one. A friend recommended it to me, and told me that he stays there when he goes down for under $500 (CAD) a month. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get in touch with this friend in a while, and I can't seem to find this place anywhere on the net!

If anyone has any info, I would REALLY appreciate it! Thanks, guys!

SS2

Mar 13, 2004
Hellooooo???/

No replies...does this mean this place doesn't exist or what? :paranoid:

andy_089

Mar 23, 2003
will be there next month

It is a great place, i know the owner and his wife for about 7 years. He is from holland and his wife is a dominican from bani.
They recently changed the name from aparthotel-esmeralda to esmeralda-gueshouse.
I guess for a long term visit they can offer you a suitable price.
Check their webpage
http://www.present-itsolutions.com/esmeralda/

SS2

Mar 13, 2004
Thanks Andy

It sounds as though you've stayed there before. Is it a clean place, and comfortable enough to stay in for a 2-3 month period? I still don't know if I should stay in an apart-hotel or if I should look for a furnished apartment???

I'll be there for an indefinite period of time (anywhere from 3 months to 6 months, and hopefully longer, assuming everything goes well). What would you suggest...stay at the guest house for a week and then look for a furnished apartment, or just remain there for 2-3 months?

andy_089 said:
It is a great place, i know the owner and his wife for about 7 years. He is from holland and his wife is a dominican from bani.
They recently changed the name from aparthotel-esmeralda to esmeralda-gueshouse.
I guess for a long term visit they can offer you a suitable price.
Check their webpage
http://www.present-itsolutions.com/esmeralda/

andy_089

Mar 23, 2003
i can warmly reccomend it

SS2 said:
It sounds as though you've stayed there before. Is it a clean place, and comfortable enough to stay in for a 2-3 month period? I still don't know if I should stay in an apart-hotel or if I should look for a furnished apartment???

I'll be there for an indefinite period of time (anywhere from 3 months to 6 months, and hopefully longer, assuming everything goes well). What would you suggest...stay at the guest house for a week and then look for a furnished apartment, or just remain there for 2-3 months?

The place is 100% clean, there are always 4-5 girls to clean, cook and serve. If you stay in the apart-hotel you will get in contact with many interesting people, incl. locals and females, it?s not like living in an boring residential neighborhood. Also the place is in the university area, so there is many young folks around.