Satellite Cards Ending

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
DirectTV satellite cards are going out, PPV and HBO already scrambled, rest to follow on April 27th.

My satellite guy says there is no 'fix' for the new cards yet, which cost US$260 plus RD7,000 (legal) subscription for 3 months.

Seems very expensive, does anybody have any other providers, prices, or information about having the new cards 'fixed?'

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have heard that P5 is the new card that can be bought over ebay for over 100 dollars (US). there is no fix for it yet and I have heard the programing hardware costs 2000 dollars. I think we are all in some serious trouble. I am simply ruined and depressed. "Pride" fighting is on this sunday and we have no PPV.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Some feel the programming can be done with the old programmers, and they think they've got a fix any minute now...I sure hope so. We have hardly any channels left. I've bought the P4 (or was it P5) on Ebay for $40, but that was a few months ago. Some feel these will go up to $600 or $700, so it may be best to get one now!

Conchman, I sent you a PM.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
P4 Card Fix

I live in Canada and have been told the same thing. My contact tellls me that they do have a fix for the p4 card. One machine in Canada presently that will fix it - $150 for the fix. The p4 cards were readily available for about $75 in Canada but have been told now that they are up to $400 since stations have started to disappear. My understanding is that there is no signal or fix for the p5 cards. I am sure the price for the fix will come down after a few months - similar situation here as when we went from the HU card to the football card.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Why would the price of the cards go up when the number of channels you are getting is going down? Or is this the new cards you are talking about? My guess is that price would go up now that everybody has to buy new ones but it should come back down again after a few months.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Conchman said:
Why would the price of the cards go up when the number of channels you are getting is going down? Or is this the new cards you are talking about? My guess is that price would go up now that everybody has to buy new ones but it should come back down again after a few months.

The price of the new cards is forecasted to go up really high, not the old ones. Supply and demand, per the norm. I haven't been watching lately to see what's happening with the prices of the new cards, so I don't know if what was forecasted is happening or will happen.

As for programming, we have a really good programmer which, we were told when we bought it (of course), would work with the new cards...I hope so... Right now, it's all guesswork, I'm afraid...no one really seems to know what is happening, more and more websites are closing, and everything you hear is speculation. And the longer the card goes without a fix, the more people are going to speculate.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
trina said:
The price of the new cards is forecasted to go up really high, not the old ones. Supply and demand, per the norm. I haven't been watching lately to see what's happening with the prices of the new cards, so I don't know if what was forecasted is happening or will happen.

As for programming, we have a really good programmer which, we were told when we bought it (of course), would work with the new cards...I hope so... Right now, it's all guesswork, I'm afraid...no one really seems to know what is happening, more and more websites are closing, and everything you hear is speculation. And the longer the card goes without a fix, the more people are going to speculate.
Your programmer will not work with P5 card. DSS came out with P4 cards but when they realized that P4 was compromised, they scrapped the project and came out with the advanced P5 card (before P4). Now we are in trouble for some time now because no one has cracked the P5 yet. It will be compromised and prices will come down with time. Lets wait and see.
AZB

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Wow, thanks for the update, AZB...I didn't realize that the P4 cards were useless. ****. Guess that was a waste... I really don't think my husband can LIVE with just plain old cable!!! Our cable doesn't have Spanish channels...what will he do without the novellas and Don Francisco every Saturday night??? No Primer Impacto??? OMG...what a tragedy...maybe he'll be forced to learn English now...heehee...does this mean I also don't have to watch boxing every Saturday night, or every single baseball game that is played? Hey, I'm beginning to like this idea...

Cards

Programming for the P5 is just around the corner, prices are escalating since the HU data stream is being slowly removed. They are removing it slowly as not to piss off their customers with a complete shutdown till they can be assured the customers have their new cards. Customers have a TV message sent to them telling them what is happening.

Where there is money to be made, the hackers will make it and break the codes and Dave will have to do another counter measure.

? Hlywud

pati

Feb 3, 2004
I have been told there won't be a fix for the new cards here in the US for at least 6 months, so I doubt it if DR will have a fix before that.

I do have a question for those of you in DR. I was thinking about giving my receivers to someone in DR. If I do will they be able to use them to get legal satellite and if so about how much would that cost them?

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Signal Ended last night

My programming here in Canada went down completely last night. None of the stations are working now. Is this the same there?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
twhitehead said:
My programming here in Canada went down completely last night. None of the stations are working now. Is this the same there?
Holy Shrimp!!! Is that true? Let me check mine this afternoon. I hope I have some channels left to watch. I have a feeling mine is down as well. If that happens then we should lose alot of channels on our regular cable tv because they also rob premium channels off the Satellite. Well, they can always switch to DishNetwork.
This is another reason I won't live in USA, I mean how dare they take away our pirated channels and make us suffer? Speaking of cruel and unusual punishment.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
twhitehead said:

Really? I'm in Canada, too, and mine is still working this morning. PM me if you want the bin we're using, I'm sure it won't last long, though...

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
trina said:
Really? I'm in Canada, too, and mine is still working this morning. PM me if you want the bin we're using, I'm sure it won't last long, though...

As of this morning, we still have: all HBO, Univision, GALA, A&E, CNN and all news stations, LIFE, Discovery, actually quite a few channels. The only ones missing are PPV and the sports channels (tiers 100 and 600, I don't know if they're the same universally).

Bolt

Jun 12, 2002
www.wireless-alarms.com
The remaining channels will only continue till most new P5 cards have been rolled out over the coming week or so. This is so not to disrupt too many of the legal customers. Thereafter, the P4 encryption stream will no longer be transmitted so there is no such thing as a hack or fix.

It would seem that most of the cable compainies here use cracked P4 cards so falling back to cable may be very short lived also.

Don't expect a quick fix on the P5 card its a completly different system and is supposed to be some 2000 times more secure and encrypted then the current P4 cards. My guess is at least 12 to 18 months before a fix is found. Some systems in europe have never been hacked in the last few years so if you want to watch TV then you have to pay for it.

Maxster

Nov 13, 2003
Hack Dish Network!

It has being chaos here in Canada with DTV.

If you don't have a P4 now just get Dish Network - the P4/5 is too expensive now and if the programming doesn't come out soon it will come back down in price. I being selling them here in Canada for $250 canadian.

With Dishnet you can use the same dish - just need to reposition it.

Just thought I would share some info - moving to north coast this September.

Maxster

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Also, do you agree with the above posts that the P4 will be useless? I have the card, just waiting to get the news that it's been cracked. I got an e-mail this morning that they have working programmers for the P4...I was hoping I could use my old one, because damn it's good.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Conchman said:
For DishNetwork, do you need a different receiver?
I am not an expert in dish but I tell you that you need a different receiver and a different card. Some dish cards are married to the box and can't be programmed at all.
Good luck.
AZB