I hope Mejia wins for 2 reasons

Mar 21, 2002
1) It will benefit greatly my family as it already has.
2) The DR population is too dumb, uneducated and ignorant to comprehend Dr. Fdnz technocratic economic verbiage. He lacks charisma, is as dry as bland potatos. He doesn't connect with the poor.

Even though people like Fdnz. would be better in the long term for the DR we don't need him. Somos un pai de come'platano. Thus our neurons can't fathom all his jibber-jabber.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Onions&carrots said:
2) The DR population is too dumb, uneducated and ignorant to comprehend Dr. Fdnz technocratic economic verbiage.

Even though people like Fdnz. would be better in the long term for the DR we don't need him. Somos un pai de come'platano. Thus our neurons can't fathom all his jibber-jabber.

That is as dumb a statement as those made by visitors to the country 20 years ago then complained when they returned this year that life wasn't as rustic as it was when they first visited.

Keep the people poor and ignorant. Take away the cars and bring back the burros and mules. Scrap the computers. Turn back the clocks and calendars and block all progress.

Don't let Dominicans go to the US and make big salaries. Keep them home, dumb and poor, in their conucos.

The visitors like it better and so do some Dominicans who are feeding at Hippo's trough.

sangwong

Apr 22, 2004
Get Out Of Iraq Now

Dear Forum Members,
I am not sure if this came to him in a dream .. or whether he has been watching too much TV .. but this is the BEST DECISION that Hipolito Mejia has ever made in his ENTIRE PRESIDENCY ..
Firstly, there is no reason for Dominican troops to be fighting against "enemies" that have never targeted the DR .. Iraq was never your enemy .. they NEVER demonstrated HOSTILE INTENT or attacked the DR .. DR TROOPS are in IRAQ because Mejia is trying to get favors from BUSH in Mejia's RE-ELECTION campaign .. THAT'S A SHAME .. SHAME .. SHAME .. SHAME ..
Secondly, there is no reason for Dominican troops to be fighting in a BUSH FAMILY vendetta .. his father screwed up in the Gulf War #1 .. so the SON tries to fix the problem in Gulf War #2 .. that is totally Sicilian and does not makes sense for the DR .. war should not be a MAFIA VENDETTA ..
Thirdly, there is no reason for the DR to become an instrument of the INSANE US POLICY IN THE MIDDLE EAST .. we are going there like a bunch of racist bastards linking up with ISRAEL in an effort to WIPE OUT THE ARABS .. just because we don't like their religion .. or their appearance .. or some other RACIST criterion .. very much like those of the POST COLUMBIAN CONQUISTADORS that raped and pillaged the Caribbean and South America .. that's what we have become .. the NEW CONQUISTADORS .. what a shame .. for a nation that is so "ADVANCED" like the UNITED STATES .. ESTADOS UNIDSO .. WHATEVER ... SHAME .. SHAME .. SHAME ..
I am ASHAMED to say this .. but this decision alone .. is enough for me to PRAISE THE DOMINICAN PRESIDENT .. for the first time in many years .. he has demonstrated that he has both the BRAINS and the GUTS to stand up to GEORGE BUSH ..

Yours Truly,

Sang Wong, FT Lauderdale, FL

--------------------------------------------------
Dominican troops coming home soon
Following the lead of Spain and Honduras, General Lieutenant Jose Miguel Soto Jimenez announced yesterday that the troops would be home in two weeks, or as soon as the logistics can be implemented to remove them from Iraq. Hoy newspaper quotes Soto Jimenez as saying that President Mejia?s wishes are the same as the army?s ? to have them home as quickly as possible. Honduras, too, is moving to hasten the return of their troops. The DR presently has 302 troops deployed in Iraq and Honduras has 369.
Meanwhile, in Washington, DC, the White House press secretary, Scott McClellan, said yesterday that the US deeply regrets the withdrawal of Dominican and Honduran troops from Iraq, according to El Caribe. McClellan said the situation has reached a crucial juncture as the coalition tries to restore democracy to Iraq and the enemies of that state try to destroy it. He said the coalition would remain strong in its determination and efforts without the Dominican and Honduran support.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
sangwong, take that crap elsewhere unless you are trying to get this thread killed. An attack on the Iraq war and George Bush is sure to anger the webmaster since these topics have been placed on the black list due to the response they bring, both positive and negative.

If you want to say you are for Hippo because he is bringing the Dominican troops home, fine. But leave the rest of your opinionated garbage in the trash can where it belong.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
The only thing I wont like about a Fernandez administration is that we will see A-holes and thieves like Alvarez Renta, RBF and the Pelleranos back and about, showing off as if they are honorable people and have not done anything wrong, wheeling and dealing in the National Palace again.
Oh, also that fro and mustache makes him look like Lionel Ritchie and who the hell would want him as president?.....let go of the 80's dude. Other than that, I couldn't care less because I know he knows he cant do crap to straighten this place up again.

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
Hey O&C

Maybe it should be mushrooms & carrots.

Anyway it would be too easy to bash you, but based on your posts that is probably what you want anyway.

Your thread should go to the joke forum..but anyway if you are serious you must be one hell of a loser to be proud of this sorry *** government.

Mar 21, 2002
Narcosis said:
Maybe it should be mushrooms & carrots.

Anyway it would be too easy to bash you, but based on your posts that is probably what you want anyway.

Your thread should go to the joke forum..but anyway if you are serious you must be one hell of a loser to be proud of this sorry *** government.
if the gov't would have benefited you you'd also want to see them back. disorder and opportunity spell profit for those who lie in wait.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If...

Onions&carrots said:
if the gov't would have benefited you you'd also want to see them back. disorder and opportunity spell profit for those who lie in wait.

If there was some crazy fool killing people at the top of the mountain and throwing them off, while you collected up their boots to sell them, would you want him to go on killing because you benefited finacially by his crimes?
Everybody knows that El Burro has darn near bankrupted this country and shown dictator-like behaviour.
To wish him in one more time for your own personal gain and to the detriment and destruction of others is not only irresponsible, but immoral as well.
If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.
Live up to your duty in life & take a stand for what is right.

Last edited:

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
benifit of the doubt

I am not sure as have never met onions and carrots but from previous post I am going out on a limb and saying I think he is being sarcastic as a way of starting the conversations.
I could be wrong.
John

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Ask the average Dominican this simple question......

What weighs more - a pound of cement or a pound of feathers?
They'll ALL tell you a pound of cement weighs more.......(yeah we asked about 50ppl during the course of our stay this year and every one of them said cement)!!
With a mentality like this how would they ever understand why one person may be a better choice that another for president?
If Mejia wins again I just may redo my whole condo next year. At 40:1 for the Canadian Dollar my kitchen reno this year was CHEAP-Cheap-cheap!!
Wanna see a picture???

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I don't think that you can evaluate anyone's "mentality" based on a trick question then try to paint everyone with the same brush. :mad: (I had to really think about that one! lol)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Don't you guys see when you are being "Wound Up"?? Look at O & C's previous posts & see how virtually everything he writes is contentious & open to ridicule!!! His English is less than Grammatically correct & his spelling is often a little bit off, (But then is that of many Brit's & North Americans' that post on this board) but the man is not as stupid as his posts suggest!! I mean ...... NO ONE that has a brain in his head would support Hippo again & even if they did, they wouldn't admit it on THIS Board!!

By the way MommC. If you are living in the DR now I would tone down the ridicule of Dominicans a bit. Giving them trick questions & then referring the level of mentailty in a rather demeaning way, is NOT conjusive to a long & HAPPY life here!!! Just a suggestion as there are many more intelligent Dominicans here than there are Intelligent Brits', North Americans, Canadians etc!! Some of them might, understanably, take offense!! - Grahame.

Nice one Nelly - I like the cross referrencing of painting to mentality .... Clever!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
O & C (or should that be D & C, think about it!)

Does it matter that, in your opinion, Leonel is bland, boring & garrulous to the point of incomprehension by the "moradores"? Does a President not have a job to do? Is not the ability to do the job an important criterion? Does he have to be liked as well? I would be interested to hear your personal experience of this concept! :p

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Why anyone takes posts from O&C seriously these days is beyond me?
He doesn't live here and he has left this board more times than anyone to never return. But, they do have entertainment value and many people bite on his words :) I think O&C posts could best be described as ... "our neurons can't fathom all his jibber-jabber".

On another note, people should show a little more respect for the people that live and work in the DR. You shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush as some of you would look pretty pathetic, stupid and poor compared to some of the Dominicans I know.

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Oh My God!

:p Just to join in on the Hipo-bashing, something I enjoy thoroughly since he is so deserving (ignorant, disrespectful, indecent, dictatorial), there is no way that someone with common sense can possibly want that this guy could ever manage the destiny of a few people, much less a nation of 9 million basically good folks. Yes, he will probably get the support of 25% of the population due to the large amount of government employees or government-dependent interests as well as strict party line voting, mostly based on the large amount of the uneducated, gullible, lower class.
However, my stereotypes have changed over the 8 years I have been living
here since the majority of Dominicans are very aware of their realities and, in this particular case, the majority realizes they made a huge mistake voting for this 'ding-dong' 4 years ago.
Leonel Fernandez is a well-educated, intelligent, decent man who governed this country as well as anyone has in its history and perhaps the best of all.
I believe the DR is lucky to have him as an alternative right now to try to get out of the messes Hipo has created as no one else comes close to being as well prepared for the task. This guy is so good I have no doubts he could be president of the U.S. without missing a beat. Really!
I hope the fraudulent maneuvers that Hipo and his cohorts will try don't work, so Fernandez can be elected on May 16th so this poor country can get back on the right track. :glasses:

Last edited:

mami

Mar 16, 2004
selfish

MommC said:
They'll ALL tell you a pound of cement weighs more.......(yeah we asked about 50ppl during the course of our stay this year and every one of them said cement)!!
With a mentality like this how would they ever understand why one person may be a better choice that another for president?
If Mejia wins again I just may redo my whole condo next year. At 40:1 for the Canadian Dollar my kitchen reno this year was CHEAP-Cheap-cheap!!
Wanna see a picture???

well that's all that matters that you re-did your kitchen. who cares if the rest of the country goes to the dogs!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
MommC said:

Do you think it is only in the DR that you would get that answer if you asked the same question in other countries?

What I want to know is what sort of mentality is required to go around asking people that question.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Someone........

Ken said:
Do you think it is only in the DR that you would get that answer if you asked the same question in other countries?

What I want to know is what sort of mentality is required to go around asking people that question.
who probably is a leeetle insecure about their own I.Q. level!

Mar 21, 2002
to that little girl and others

fdnz is as bland as boiled idaho potatoes with no condiments. bush everyone's grammar here stinks- unerstanable? - okay bob.

rob i challenge you to a duel at high noon for ye have offended my honor. place the ok coral. at 15 paces according the rules of genteelmen.

you'll be surprised at hippo's landslide win. sources which i can't name have guaranteed his win in the first round.