Marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGDON

Apr 22, 2004
CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE CULTURE IS IN THE DOMINICAN REP. REGARDING MARIJUANA USE. IS IT TOLERATED , LEGAL, EASY TO FIND.
OR SHOULD I JUST VACATION IN JAMAICA? :cool:

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
BIGDON said:
CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE CULTURE IS IN THE DOMINICAN REP. REGARDING MARIJUANA USE. IS IT TOLERATED , LEGAL, EASY TO FIND.

....if you want to spend a long holiday in prison (before they even look at your case) then come to the d.r..
people will tolerate it for the first five seconds when they realise what you are doing and then will scarper. in many cases they will even report you to the authorities in the hope of getting some kind of back-hander (hotel staff).

.....if you do try it here......try not to be one of those babies that gets there family out here to help you get out of prison and complain that your local embassy does nothing for your cause. instead, bend over for those dominican big boys and take your medicine like a man.

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
info for you

Manuel Lachapelle Suero
Avenida M?ximo G?mez esq. Avenida M?xico
Santo Domingo, Rep?blica Dominicana
Tel: (809) 221-4166/ 685-3004
Fax: (809) 682-0644

Contact those people they can help you.

Good Luck

BIGDON said:

Mark1

Mar 17, 2004
I think " sorry , ganja not tollerated in DR, very very risky!" was enough :smoke:

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
why need weed

Between rum and getting high on life in the DR who woudl need more.
John
BTW I have never tried weed or any other drug so I can talk from experiance.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
If you're just looking to smoke pot, why go on vacation to do it? Do it at home with your burnout pothead friends.

Larry

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Let's see!!

BIGDON said:
It's not tolerated at all. Worse than in the US. If they catch you, by the time the police gets to the precint with you, they would have beaten you about 20 times. Then they would just beat you for the sake of it and then beat you some more for being a tourist and trying to F*** with the DR and the next day, when their commander gets in to work, there would be at least 20 more beatings. So, if you like to be beaten about 40 times for smoking a joint, by all means, go and smoke it.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Not only dominican marijuana would get you high, but it will also get you a free vacation in local prison where you could become somone's bitch for the next 6 months.
Good luck.
AZB

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Bravo!

simpson Homer said:
Manuel Lachapelle Suero
Avenida M?ximo G?mez esq. Avenida M?xico
Santo Domingo, Rep?blica Dominicana
Tel: (809) 221-4166/ 685-3004
Fax: (809) 682-0644

Contact those people they can help you.

Good Luck
I LOVED THIS!....GIVING HIM THE ADDRESS OF THE DNCD (National Directory of Drug Control)....and the name of the right-wing general in charge....YES!
COME SEE HOW THE THIRD WORLD DEALS WITH DRUG USERS!

BIGDON

Apr 22, 2004
jsizemore said:
Between rum and getting high on life in the DR who woudl need more.
John
BTW I have never tried weed or any other drug so I can talk from experiance.
WHAT DO YOU THINK RUM IS FOOL

BIGDON

Apr 22, 2004
Larry said:
If you're just looking to smoke pot, why go on vacation to do it? Do it at home with your burnout pothead friends.

Larry
WHY DONT YOU STAY HOME AND PLAY PACMAN ALL DAY WITH YOUR NERDIE FRIENDS

BIGDON

Apr 22, 2004
Mark1 said:
I think " sorry , ganja not tollerated in DR, very very risky!" was enough :smoke:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR STRAIGHT FORWARD ANSWER THAT IS ALL I WANTED
NOT LIKE THESE OTHERKNOW IT ALL JERKS

BIGDON

Apr 22, 2004
Escott said:
Go to Jamaica Dope.
MAYBE I WILL. I AM ONLY GOING TO THIS (WHAT APPARENTLY IS A POLICE STATE) BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE MADE THE PLANS THIS TIME. YOU KNOW WHERE YOU CAN GO SMART ***. WHY DO YOU FIND THE NEED TO BE SO CHILDISH IN YOUR RESPONSE.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Marketing 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escott
Go to Jamaica Dope.

BIGDON said:
MAYBE I WILL. I AM ONLY GOING TO THIS (WHAT APPARENTLY IS A POLICE STATE) BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE MADE THE PLANS THIS TIME. YOU KNOW WHERE YOU CAN GO SMART ***. WHY DO YOU FIND THE NEED TO BE SO CHILDISH IN YOUR RESPONSE.

And there goes yet another satisfied customer out the door, anxious to tell the world of his/her experience when coming to DR1 for information about the DR.
It sure is a good thing that DR1 isn't a business and Scott a spokesman for it. LOL

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Only the police and military are allowed to sell illegal drugs here. They don't actually have moral reasons for discouraging dealers, they just hate the competition.

There are drugs everywhere, but only people with nothing to steal can get away with using them. Gringos will be hunted down like dogs even on suspicion, while dirt poor dominican crackheads make minimal efforts to hide what they are doing.

Another reason it's extremely dangerous for gringos to use drugs here is that the DR catches alot of flack for being a major gateway for South American drugs heading to the US. So the local government will happily arrest any foreigner (they don't distinguish between nationalities for this purpose, if you don't speak spanish you are a gringo whether American, French, German or Canadian) just to rub it in the US's face that the "war on drugs" seems very hypocritical given that Americans abroad always seem to be wanting to get high.

The locals that will be turning you in won't be thinking that deeply though, they only see you as a chance to do some blackmailing. Everybody loves blackmail down here. I've heard of people having to make regular blackmail payments to the very people who sold them the drugs in the first place, on threat of being turned in.

Most local dealers are cousins of police coronels or one of the many new jobless generals and as such are untouchable, but their customers are not.

Oh, and you are not "innocent until proven guilty" here either. If you are arrested you will be responsible to prove your innocence. If they decide to come and arrest you and cannot find any drugs on you, they will simply plant some to avoid the embarrassment of being wrong.

So if you do come down here make every effort to keep your nose clean, pun intended.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Conchman said:
Alcohol IS a drug

Duuuuhhhh....Really? Of course it is, but as you know it's almost the national currency, so widely accepted and even encouraged. Drugs, on the other hands are taboo.

So to recap, while in The DR:
- Alcohol = Good
- Sex = Good
- Drugs = Bad

So, there you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.