Peruvian ceviche

lexachester

Apr 26, 2004
Mirador said:
Where can I find Peruvian ceviche in Santo Domingo?

Mirador

In Boca Chica there's a restaurant called Neptunos, very good peruvian ceviche, call 1411 for #

Good luck, alex

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Thank you, Alex

I've been to Neptuno's many times, their seafood is great. However, their ceviche is not quite kosher, they use slightly steamed bass.

Mirador

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Mirador said:
Where can I find Peruvian ceviche in Santo Domingo?

Mirador
Whats the Difference between traditional ceviche and Peruvian Ceviche? Do you know that Ceviche is an Ecuadoran Dish? Simple to make. fresh Fish, Shrimp, Lemmon juice an your done.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Tony C said:
Whats the Difference between traditional ceviche and Peruvian Ceviche? Do you know that Ceviche is an Ecuadoran Dish? Simple to make. fresh Fish, Shrimp, Lemmon juice an your done.

I love globalisation and the tolerance we need to live in a globalised world... there is a regional version of cebiche in several iberoamerican countries... BUT... peruvian cebiche... no doubt... is best for me!

You can find peruvian cebiche in Santo Domingo at the Restaurant Aqua, made by a peruvian chef, of course... it is kind of expensive, but it worths!

Bon apetit!

Jessica

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Thanks a million, Jessica, I'm running over to Aqua right away with my wife (she's pregnant and has a craving for Peruvian ceviche ;-)

Mirador

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It seems to be a favourite all along the Pacific coast of the Americas. I have eaten delicious ceviche in Guatemala and El Salvador as well as in Peru and Ecuador. Hey, that rhymes! :laugh:

If you want to try making it yourself - it's quite easy. Here's a link to a Peruvian cooking site which has several recipes.

Chiri