Watch Santo Dominigo Invita!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
If you live in the US, you can watch Santo Domingo Invita every Sunday at 11am on Telemundo. It's about all in the DR. Maybe you guys knew already but for those that did not, like me, there it goes.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Miguel, you didnt know about the show or that it was on Telemundo? I remember this show being around desde que tengo uso de razon!

Do you watch Merengue y Mas? It comes on around 9 or something Sunday mornings, it used to come on right before SD Invita.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Si!

Talldrink said:
Miguel, you didnt know about the show or that it was on Telemundo? I remember this show being around desde que tengo uso de razon!

Do you watch Merengue y Mas? It comes on around 9 or something Sunday mornings, it used to come on right before SD Invita.
I remember my mom(GRHS) watching SDI more than 20 years ago but I never watched again. I moved to another state and the cable company did not have Telemundo, then I switched to Directv and while flipping channels, I saw that SDI was on.
So, yes, I knew that there was such a program and I am sure that there are many foreigners in this site that did not know about it and I just wanted to tell them.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I like to see this show from time to time. I saw it yesterday and they were featuring El Conuco? in Sto Dgo. Looks like a nice place. I've never been. Anyway, they had these dancers, and all of a sudden, the woman puts one foot on top of a bottle? (that's what it looked like to me) while her partner is twirling her around very rapidly, and I thought to myself, Dios, this is an accident waiting to happen. I have never seen that before.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Tienes raz?n en cuanto al baile

Forbeca,

I have been to El Conuco a few times in Sto Domingo and the atmosphere is very warm & friendly. As well the food is excellent. It's mostly buffet (authentic Dominican cuisine) and they play music while you eat. They mostly cater to the crowd and then the "show" dance starts. Everytime I have been I have seen couples dance bachata on a rum bottle. Es un bonito lugar para comer & disfrutar.

Chao,

LDG.

Forbeca said:
I like to see this show from time to time. I saw it yesterday and they were featuring El Conuco? in Sto Dgo. Looks like a nice place. I've never been. Anyway, they had these dancers, and all of a sudden, the woman puts one foot on top of a bottle? (that's what it looked like to me) while her partner is twirling her around very rapidly, and I thought to myself, Dios, this is an accident waiting to happen. I have never seen that before.

Last edited:

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Deberiamos de hacer una reunion en ese sitio. Es enorme!

Lesley D said:
Forbeca,

I have been to El Conuco a few times in Sto Domingo and the atmosphere is very warm & friendly. As well the food is excellent. It's mostly buffet (authentic Dominican cuisine) and they play music while you eat. They mostly cater to the crowd and then the "show" dance starts. Everything time I have been I have seen couples dance bachata on a rum bottle. Es un bonito lugar para comer & disfrutar.

Chao,

LDG.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Sounds good...

Me parece bien quiz?s alg?n d?a de estos. Who knows.

I will always remember el Conuco because of the food.

Forbeca said:
Deberiamos de hacer una reunion en ese sitio. Es enorme!

Last edited:

rosario

Mar 22, 2004
El Conuco was my home, Before It became El Conuco Restaurant

I felt like sharing this with you guys. The House were the Conuco is located was my house during the 80's. From that house & neiborhood I have Great memories. Peace! :)

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
This is a small world.

Rosario,

Interesante.

The world is small.

rosario said:
I felt like sharing this with you guys. The House were the Conuco is located was my house during the 80's. From that house & neiborhood I have Great memories. Peace! :)

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Forbeca said:

Forbeca, dancing on top of a bottle is a common way of the dance 'experts' to show off dancing salsa and bachata. I've never seen it while dancing merengue, but when they can dance on top of the bottle, they are supposed to be "Lo Maximo!"

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Thanks TD. It's an amazing dance; and interesting to see, that as usual, the woman is the one at risk. (that's assuming the guys don't dance on top of the bottle as well?).

Talldrink said:
Forbeca, dancing on top of a bottle is a common way of the dance 'experts' to show off dancing salsa and bachata. I've never seen it while dancing merengue, but when they can dance on top of the bottle, they are supposed to be "Lo Maximo!"

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Here I go again!

Just finished watching Santo Domingo Invita and if you want to learn a little more about the country, try and watch today's program.

It's a "popurri" of last year's programs.

I "visited" Sanchez, San Juan De La Maguana, San Rafael Del Yuma, Neyba, Puerto Plata and San Francisco De Macoris.

Very interesting reports. If on 2 or 3 hours dalay, watch it, it's worth it!!!.

Now I feel like eating a Riquitaki!!!!. They look delicious!!!.

Man, I need to make a reservation soon!.

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Santo Domingo Invita con Negro Santos

I love Santo Domingo invita I watch it Sunday morning, since I was raised "en la capital" I get to see some parts of the country that I did not know existed.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
miguel said:
If you live in the US, you can watch Santo Domingo Invita every Sunday at 11am on Telemundo. It's about all in the DR. Maybe you guys knew already but for those that did not, like me, there it goes.
Thanks for the info!