Shipper needed from West Coast of US

A

Abi

If you know of a good shipper from (in order of preference): Portland Oregon, Seattle Wash., or L.A. to Sto. Domingo, please let me know.
In the Legal Forum I posted: I need specific procedures for how a new resident brings in his belongings from the US without having to pay customs. Please, I need to know what documents to get before we go to the US to retrieve our possessions. - Any help is welcome.
Aloha!

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
My parents moved from Los angeles to Santiago.

I will ask my mother since she keeps all paperwork. It cost closed to 12,000. US shipping cost. It was a large containner. It got there two months later. It might be cheaper if you take appliances abd your linens and matresess. You be better off getting new furniture since all the stuff from here is mainly veneers or fibberbord. Many of the furniture that is not mohogony gets temite in the high umidity climate.

A

Abi

HELLO MARIA,
THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONSE. PLEASE GIVE THE NAME OF THE SHIPPER THAT YOU USED, ITS ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER. WE ARE SHIPPING A SMALL AMOUNT SIX FEET BY 8 FEET BY 8 FEET IN VOLUME. IT WILL BE ONLY HOUSEHOLD GOODS, APPLIANCES, TOOLS AND BOOKS. ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU SHARE WILL BE APPRECIATED. ARE THE RESIDEENCY PERMIT AND CEDULA THE ONLY PAPERWORK INVOLVED OR SHOULD ONE MAKE A LIST OF ALL ITEMS BEING SHIPPED? MANY THANKS AGAIN - ABI

mariaobetsanov said:
I will ask my mother since she keeps all paperwork. It cost closed to 12,000. US shipping cost. It was a large containner. It got there two months later. It might be cheaper if you take appliances abd your linens and matresess. You be better off getting new furniture since all the stuff from here is mainly veneers or fibberbord. Many of the furniture that is not mohogony gets temite in the high umidity climate.