FA Cup Final

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
WLTM "normal" (close as you can get will do) British people who have a fondness for a good old fashioned Football Match. Too much bulls**t on this site makes me wary of asking favours but for once most of the major contributors to this site won't know what I'm talking about.

I come from a family born and bred on the Isle of Dogs and if I were to miss Millwall against the dreaded Manchester United I would be shunned by the rest of the family, cut out of any possible legacy and cursed to damnation.

I live in the Sosua / Cabarete area but I'm willing to travel. Anyone got a telly that can get the game? I'll bring the beers. I can even arrange for a good old fashioned punch-up afterwards if required!

- Perhaps I should note that I am house-trained and I'm even prepared to sit next to a Man U. fan as they stick half a dozen or so goal past us.

Up the Lions

Simon (might have to bring the wife along) - sorry!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
That's one approach, insult the site and the posters, then ask for a favor?

Eddy's Sports Bar in Sosua will be showing the match.
I'm sure the Britannia pub in the main street (Sosua) will also be showing it.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Touchy?

Robert said:
That's one approach, insult the site and the posters, then ask for a favor?

Eddy's Sports Bar in Sosua will be showing the match.
I'm sure the Britannia pub in the main street (Sosua) will also be showing it.

Dont get me wrong - It's just a bit of fun (makes a change)? Sometimes I feel it's true what they say - Britsh and American are as chalk and cheese!

Coming to the game? - Don't you dare support Man United!!!!!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
"Good old fashioned punch up...."

Aaaaah. The TRUE Milwall supporter :cheeky: Seriously, is Milwall in the Cup Final? Have you asked Marco at Rocky's if he is showing it? Or alternatively, if he is not, ask at Eddy's. There are a couple of places in Puerto Plata which normally cater to British sporting interests, but you may not welcome the drive back to Sosua after consuming all the beers!
There are probably more people than you think, who understand your post.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Of course it's true!

Lambada said:
Aaaaah. The TRUE Milwall supporter :cheeky: Seriously, is Milwall in the Cup Final? Have you asked Marco at Rocky's if he is showing it? Or alternatively, if he is not, ask at Eddy's. There are a couple of places in Puerto Plata which normally cater to British sporting interests, but you may not welcome the drive back to Sosua after consuming all the beers!
There are probably more people than you think, who understand your post.

So hard to believe - Yes Millwall have somehow managed to squeek into the Cup Final and what's more because Man U. will qualify for the Champions League, Millwall will be playing in Europe next year regardless of the result!!!!

Perhaps I should ask people where they would prefer to watch the game - they can help me numb the pain of having to endure ninety minutes of Millwall constantly picking the ball out of their own net by buying me a beer! Somewhere in Sosua suits me fine!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Simon & Nicky said:
Sometimes I feel it's true what they say - Britsh and American are as chalk and cheese!

Being British, would that make me chalk or cheese?
Oh yeah, I'm a die hard Chelsea supporter as well :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What are you all talking about???? It's Baseball season!

Hockey and Basketball are in their "World Championships"! "Football season,leading up to the World Championship SUPER BOWL, in January "05" ! Unless you are talking about"Soccer"? Where a bunch of "Softies" chase that round white ball all over creation,and no one ever "Scores"????
When I die,and go to "Hell",I'm sure I will have to watch "Soccer",and Formula I for all eternity,or till the "End-Of-Time",whichever comes first!!And surrounded by "certain" Enghishmen to boot!CC :rolleyes:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Criss Colon said:
Hockey and Basketball are in their "World Championships"! "Football season,leading up to the World Championship SUPER BOWL, in January "05" ! Unless you are talking about"Soccer"? Where a bunch of "Softies" chase that round white ball all over creation,and no one ever "Scores"????
When I die,and go to "Hell",I'm sure I will have to watch "Soccer",and Formula I for all eternity,or till the "End-Of-Time",whichever comes first!!And surrounded by "certain" Enghishmen to boot!CC :rolleyes:

Don't make me beat you senseless...

sunnyhammock

Nov 16, 2003
Simon & Nicky said:
WLTM "normal" (close as you can get will do) British people who have a fondness for a good old fashioned Football Match. Too much bulls**t on this site makes me wary of asking favours but for once most of the major contributors to this site won't know what I'm talking about.

I come from a family born and bred on the Isle of Dogs and if I were to miss Millwall against the dreaded Manchester United I would be shunned by the rest of the family, cut out of any possible legacy and cursed to damnation.

I live in the Sosua / Cabarete area but I'm willing to travel. Anyone got a telly that can get the game? I'll bring the beers. I can even arrange for a good old fashioned punch-up afterwards if required!

- Perhaps I should note that I am house-trained and I'm even prepared to sit next to a Man U. fan as they stick half a dozen or so goal past us.

Up the Lions

Simon (might have to bring the wife along) - sorry!

I would suggest that you find somewhere else other than Eddys as you are obviously desperate to watch the 'beautiful game" (not to be confused with American "football" where a bunch of pumped up, protected, cissies run about 10 seconds at a time they should try doing that for 90 minutes!!). We have been to Eddys more than once over the last couple of months and its either been closed or just showing German football, when we have asked about the English games we are just met with a shrug of shoulders!. I would be extremely surprised if the Britannia Bar will be showing it either. If you are at a hotel chat the rep up to arrange to show it there, if you are staying in an apartment you should be able to pick it up on Fox Sports (channel 26). C'mon Millwall!!