ATTN. ALL: Where is Everyone From???

SS2

Mar 13, 2004
I just finished reading a post enquiring about everyone's age on this forum, and I began to wonder...where is everyone from? Sometimes (from all the great advice given) it's hard to tell who currently lives in the DR and who doesn't...so, if you get a chance, let everyone know where you live now, and where you were originally born. And before anyone jumps down my back, I'll go first :cheeky: I live in Toronto, Canada (and have grown up here), but I was born in Iran. I plan on coming down to the DR in August for an indefinite period of time. And now, the rest of you.....

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
Va Beach

Raised West Virginia. Stationed Virginia Beach/ Live wherever Uncle Sam sendsa me this week. Did I mention 407 days until I retire.
John

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Born, raised and currently live in Toronto. Don't plan on staying here forever - DR will be my home as soon as it is economically possible.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi SS2,

Greetings from Nova Scotia.

Not to rain on your parade but we've been down that road before. Here's lots of info for you to absorb and try to incorporate into the answers you see.

www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27449

Personally I think it will just come to you over time; and the experience is in the doing, not in the preparation.

Enjoy.

Gregg

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Rotherham, Yorkshire, UK.

Always been here, visited DR 6 times.........going in June and October this year!

I followed that link FireGuy and was amazed to only see 3 brits. Whats the latest figures?

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
Born in the DR. I live in Miami during the winter and Michigan during the summer, and in between, I spend lots of time in Santo Domingo and Las Terrenas. It's a great life!

Juniper

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
tired_boy said:
Rotherham, Yorkshire, UK.

Always been here, visited DR 6 times.........going in June and October this year!

I followed that link FireGuy and was amazed to only see 3 brits. Whats the latest figures?
I think most of the Brits. are already living in the DR!!

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
DOMINICAN/AMERICAN living between Sto Domingo and Miami
travelling monthly back and foward (WHAT A LIFE) but i have to make the DOLLASsss.

(quote of the day)
I LOVE SAMANA' -SAMANA' LOVES ME :p

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Lived in Texas for the first 17 yr of my life. After that (and WWII) lived all over.
Univ of Houston, Aviation Cadets and retired in 70. Lived in Waco, Texas (where we bar-b-que people) util coming to DR by way of Key West and the Bahamas.
Been here since June, 2000. Recently married and have temp res plus 2 startup businesses.

Texas Bill

tigre72

May 6, 2003
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Been to Cabarete twice-going for 3rd time in May!
18 days and counting.

Rachel

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Another Brit, wow!

Did you go out much at night in Cabarete? Where would you recommend seeing as you seem to like it there so much?

Have a good time!

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Old & Tired

As long as the drugs continue to work, Indianapolis, Indiana.

Old, tired, and fat with a 25 year old DR Novia who is worth every dime I spend on her

tigre72

May 6, 2003
Hi Tired Boy

We went out a lot at night in Cabarete. Always stay in self-catering apartments so we can take advantage of restaurants on Beach.
Recommendations for bars:
Las Brisas - for merengue music and for locals
Pitu - for pancakes and cool music
Onnos - for steak/tex mex and cool music and partying after midnight
Casa Del Pescador/Otra Cosa/Toma La Luna for Food
Bar Mamasita - for 2 for 1 cocktails after coming off the water
Pizza y Via - for cheap presidentes and um.....pizza

Been horse riding in jungle and hoping to go quad biking this year.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
We have ben quad biking on a couple of occasions, the days after it had rained were best! When it was dry and dusty you definately needed eye protection!

Thanks for the recommendations!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Quebec City, Canada! Any other "Quebecoises" out there?

Moved to DR 10 years ago....and still loving it!
Made Santo Domingo my home! :)

Jim Driscoll

Jan 4, 2002
From the fridgid midwest

Born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Lived in Cleveland, Davenport, Cedar Rapids and then back to Wisconsin. Currently (34 years) in Madison, Wisconsin. Have visited the Dominican Republic 18 times during the past 15 years.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I am TW and or Golo

I am Dominican and U.S. educated. Moved to DR in 1993 from Chicago. I enjoyed living in DR better than anywhere else until Hipolito came to power. I aspire to live someday soon in Bavaro, Punta Cana or Juan Dolio and just become a beach bum. I will do this as soon as I liquidate my city assets. I do not close the doors on leaving DR if things continue to deteriorate. I have been checking places like Panama and Costa Rica. Any ideas about Panama here?
TW