DR visa for a visiting client from India

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
I have a client in India who had previously visited my company in DR. He got his DR visa in Chicago while he was visiting the US last year.

This time, he is coming straight to DR (flying on Air France through Paris). However, he claims that there is no DR embassy/consulate in India where he could obtain visa.

I just phoned a customs official at the SDQ airport and was told that my client needs to go to Pakistan for the nearest DR consulate !!! They were unsure if the DR consulate in Paris would issue visa to somebody not living in France. Plus, my client would need to have a Schengen visa to enter France in the first place. (No visa is needed for transit).

Does anybody know the best way for a citizen of India to obtain DR visa ? I'm talking about a business visa.

Any insight appreciated !

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Formosano: Call La Cancilleria Dominicana. No sure what their number is, but they will have a list of all the places in the world where people can get the visa (He may not need it to begin with).

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
NO, people of India need visas to come into the Dominican Republic. I'm surprised though, that there is no dominican consulate in India. The global economy is so tied up with India and China lately, that its just surprising. Well, the only thing he can do is try to get to Pakistan or if he has a U.S. Visa still in effect, then try to go via New York or Miami and try to get the DR visa there. Otherwise, I don't see other viable options. But, of course, contact the proper authorities in Santo Domingo first prior to giving him/her any insights on what he/she ought to do.