Hotels in Zona Colonial Question

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I will be going to SD very soon and I need to know about good hotels in Zona Colonial. Yes, I checked the archives but some of the posts are as old as I. I already know that Dona Elvira's Hotel is nice, but what about any others.
Have anyone been to a hotel in Zona Colonial/El Conde lately??

Thanks in advance. Miguel

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
miguel said:
I will be going to SD very soon and I need to know about good hotels in Zona Colonial. Yes, I checked the archives but some of the posts are as old as I. I already know that Dona Elvira's Hotel is nice, but what about any others.

If you want the best, then look for info on "Frances".
http://www.colonialtours.com.do/sofitelfrances.htm

This is the best in the Colonial Zone and in my opinion one of the best boutique hotels in Santo Domingo.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
miguel said:
Are you sure that those prices are right???. Amazing and great prices.
How far from the Cathedral?.

You will need to check with the hotel for prices.
3-5 mins walk away.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Done!

Robert said:
You will need to check with the hotel for prices.
3-5 mins walk away.
The prices are muchhhhh higher than what it shows on their site, but still nice prices.
Thanks

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
The best?

miguel said:

Miquel;. I've stayed many times at Hostel Nadar (687-6674). Consider it the most charming hotel I've ever stayed at. Ask for a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the courtyard (1st piso?). 18 ft ceilings(and 10ft doors)!

Buzzard

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Gracias!

Buzzard said:
Miquel;. I've stayed many times at Hostel Nadar (687-6674). Consider it the most charming hotel I've ever stayed at. Ask for a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the courtyard (1st piso?). 18 ft ceilings(and 10ft doors)!

Buzzard
I will check them in the internet and then will call them tomorrow to aske them a few questions. Thanks again

NonDormant

Jan 27, 2004
Hotel Sofitel Frances

I stayed here 2 years ago, so the prices I paid are out of date. However, some comments:

Call the hotel directly. Do not use the Sofitel website. If you stay for a week or more, you should get a very good price which includes free daily breakfast. Have them fax you the quote and take the fax with you when you check in.

The hotel is VERY romantic, with only 19 rooms. It is so romantic it makes you want to NOT travel alone. It is also very close to the cathedral. I walked the "El Conde" twice a day for exercise. The cathedral is at one end of El Conde. The El Conde is a great place to girl watch, also.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
True!

NonDormant said:
I stayed here 2 years ago, so the prices I paid are out of date. However, some comments:

Call the hotel directly. Do not use the Sofitel website. If you stay for a week or more, you should get a very good price which includes free daily breakfast. Have them fax you the quote and take the fax with you when you check in.

The hotel is VERY romantic, with only 19 rooms. It is so romantic it makes you want to NOT travel alone. It is also very close to the cathedral. I walked the "El Conde" twice a day for exercise. The cathedral is at one end of El Conde. The El Conde is a great place to girl watch, also.
It looks like it's a nice hotel. I called them yesterday and I am keeping my options open because, althought the price is not the problem, they want $105.00 a night and for a few dollars more I can stay at the Jaragua.
Girl watch?, not even in my dreams,hehehe.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
miguel said:
It looks like it's a nice hotel. I called them yesterday and I am keeping my options open because, althought the price is not the problem, they want $105.00 a night and for a few dollars more I can stay at the Jaragua.
Girl watch?, not even in my dreams,hehehe.

That's not their website, I guess this is why the pricing is off.
Personally I would rather stay at the "Frances" than the "Jaragua".

Horses for courses...