Help on visiting the DR this summer??

jaxx

Jan 14, 2004
I'm graduating from college in the states and will be starting graduate school, but have some time off in August and would like to spend three weeks or so in the DR improving my Spanish and volunteering in the Santo Domingo area.
I was there for a week last semester and absolutley fell in love with the place, (despite la huelga and everything ;) ).

I would like to stay with a family if possible, but a lot of those "travel and study abroad" type programs are really expensive and geared more towards rich kids who want mom and dad to send them on vacation.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to arrange something like this, without having to spend big bucks??

Thanks!!

Johnrs

Apr 28, 2004
how to post?

I have been searching, but .....how do I post new questions? I would like to ask a few things because I just moved to d.r., but all I see is to reply to yours. sorry. -John

URock

Feb 10, 2003
It's easy..........

Johnrs said:
I have been searching, but .....how do I post new questions? I would like to ask a few things because I just moved to d.r., but all I see is to reply to yours. sorry. -John

Just go to the forum that you want to post in and at the bottom of the page on the left side click on "new thread". Then post your questions.