What documents do I need to work in the DR?

toosie

Apr 5, 2004
I was wondering if anyone could give me any infomation as to what type of documents I would need to work in the Dominican. I am considering moving in September to the Sousa or Cabarete area.
Thanks
:classic:

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
If you check the legal forum and also do a search, you should find all the necessary information. Do you have a job lined up already? Are you moving permantly or just on a trial basis? You should also check out some of the posts on moving to the Dominican Republic, FYI - Dominican is the name for the people of the Dominican Republic, not the name of the country.
Hopefully, you will find all the information that relates to your situation in previous posts for this subject.
Good luck,
Marlie

toosie

Apr 5, 2004
marliejaneca said:
If you check the legal forum and also do a search, you should find all the necessary information. Do you have a job lined up already? Are you moving permantly or just on a trial basis? You should also check out some of the posts on moving to the Dominican Republic, FYI - Dominican is the name for the people of the Dominican Republic, not the name of the country.
Hopefully, you will find all the information that relates to your situation in previous posts for this subject.
Good luck,
Marlie

Thanks for the info I will check the legal forum, as for moving I have just been looking on the internet for jobs and have not yet fully decided. Sorry about the misunderstanding on 'dominican' I will know better for next time.
Thanks

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
No problem !
What kind of job are you looking for? If you post that, then maybe someone can help you or let you know if it is impossible to get a job in that field right now. There is a wealth of information here, if you give more details, you may get more specific answers to your questions as well. I am curious though, have you ever been to the DR ?

Marlie

toosie

Apr 5, 2004
marliejaneca said:
No problem !
What kind of job are you looking for? If you post that, then maybe someone can help you or let you know if it is impossible to get a job in that field right now. There is a wealth of information here, if you give more details, you may get more specific answers to your questions as well. I am curious though, have you ever been to the DR ?

Marlie

Right now I am just looking for something in the tourism field. I have a background in business but I know that there will not be a lot there for me. As for have I been to the DR before, yes, and I absolultely love it. I have vacationed there many times and have also stayed with friends. I am only 28 and feel that this is the best time for me, with nothing to tie me down.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Well, good luck then. You should try to have a second (or third even) language down pat by the time you arrive tho, primarily Spanish. You will find mostly Dominicans working in the tourism field, so you will have to prove to a prospective employer that you are a "cut above the rest" to take a job away from a Dominican. Being fluent or at least have conversation skills in other languages is a big plus, if not nowadays, a pre-requisite for obtaining tourism jobs.
Just keep searching this board and get as much information as you can. Living and working in the DR is nothing like just going down there on vacation, and that is where alot of people end up being so disheartened by their move.
I have said this before, if it possible to just come down on an extended leave from your present job to just try it out for a few months, then if it doesn't work out, at least you haven't cut all your ties (wherever that may be)
If you are going to the DR because you have met someone down there, then thats a whole different ball of wax!!!
Marlie

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
marliejaneca said:
Good luck,
Marlie
Hi Marlie, just read your reply, I too refer to the country as Dominican Republic ! I do not wish to insult so could you educate me please ! Thankyou!