bus trip from punta cana to puerto plata

bryan

Mar 9, 2002
Hello,

I was going to rent a car and drive to puerto plata but the rental car rate from punta cana are very expensive. So I decided I would take the bus trip on Carib tours and use my freinds car in puerto plata. Does anbody know if there is a website for the bus schedule or a phone #. Where does it pick you up and drop you off?

Thanks again

Bryan

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
1/2 of the trip on Caribe

They run from the capital to PP, via Santiago (as do Metro). From Punta Cana they don't, so search on the threads (there are a few) on how to take the bus from Punta Cana to the capital to connect with the Metro or Caribe buses. You will need a lot of patience and time. Many would cab it to SD first then use the bus, up to you.

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
I'm making the same trip

bryan said:
Hello,

I was going to rent a car and drive to puerto plata but the rental car rate from punta cana are very expensive. So I decided I would take the bus trip on Carib tours and use my freinds car in puerto plata. Does anbody know if there is a website for the bus schedule or a phone #. Where does it pick you up and drop you off?

Thanks again

Bryan

I've got to figure out the same thing!! I got a great deal into Punta Cana on the 16th of May.

Mike

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Sounds Great

MotorCity Mike said:
I've got to figure out the same thing!! I got a great deal into Punta Cana on the 16th of May.

Mike

There seem to be a lot of people flying into the wrong airport and then spending 8-12 hours each way with buses etc. to get to their actual destination - out of curiousity just how much of a better deal is it to go 300 km in the wrong direction? And if you added a taxi or rental car to get to POP from PUJ woul dit then cost more?

I am interested on how much the price of a flight motivates over ay other factor - for example if you could fly to Port Au Prince Haiti for $50 round trip would you do that? To then drive the trip to POP from there tat is?

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
ricktoronto said:
There seem to be a lot of people flying into the wrong airport and then spending 8-12 hours each way with buses etc. to get to their actual destination - out of curiousity just how much of a better deal is it to go 300 km in the wrong direction? And if you added a taxi or rental car to get to POP from PUJ woul dit then cost more?

I am interested on how much the price of a flight motivates over ay other factor - for example if you could fly to Port Au Prince Haiti for $50 round trip would you do that? To then drive the trip to POP from there tat is?

I paid $299.00 Taxes included for a RT from Detroit to Punta Cana Non-Stop on a charter. None of the charters out of DTW have anything going to PP this time of year. Scheduled air from DTW to POP was $650-$700 and involved at least one change of planes on the way.

I'm considering flying from PUJ to POP on a Cessna for $160.00 RT. Which would still make it cheaper to fly into PUJ.

I think it would be kind of fun to do the Bus/Guagua/Whatever trip up to the North Coast with maybe an overnight in Boca Chica on the way.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Here are some threads that might help you

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30510&highlight=buses+Punta+cana

Also found this:
There are a few really detailed posts including the schedule, prices etc. In the last while , you'll find them.

Alsays search first then ask, a lot fo the time it's here for you already.

Here's a hint of what's in store:

There is an Express Bus to Santo Domingo from the Bavaro bus stop that leaves at 4 pm. If your flight gets in at 2 pm, you could make this bus, would be kind of risky if your flight gets in at 3 pm. These buses leave on time. The next bus is at 7 in the morning. It takes almost four hours to get to Santo Domingo. The cost is less than US$10 (about RD$120, price could have changed recently.)

If you miss that bus, catch a bus to Higuey (about RD$25). These buses leave about every 15 minutes. From Higuey, buses leave on the hour for Santo Domingo, with the last bus at 6:30 pm, so you have time to make this bus. The cost to Santo Domingo from Higuey is less than RD$100. Just check what the going fare is. It is a standard fare. You should cash money into pesos to pay for the fare. The bus will probably drop you off in Enriquillo Park -- in the midst of the Avenida Duarte bargain price shopping district. From there you can take a RD$60 taxi to your destination in Santo Domingo, or just catch any of the cheaper transportation ways any fellow passenger will recommend.

ricktoronto

And, like he says, there are more in the Search Function.

HB

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
When are you going to Punta Cana?

bryan said:
Hello,

Thanks again

Bryan

Bryan,

When are you going to arrive in PC? I'm going to land in PC on 5/16 @ 10:30AM.

Mike

bryan

Mar 9, 2002
punta cana

Hello,
I was going today, but had some problems and cancelled my trip.

Thanks for all the replys

Bryan