Aventura coming to Toronto

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
This is supposed to be the concert of the year.

Trina,

Glad to know you are on top of the events. This is supposed to be the concert of the year. I won't be going though. Although I am a fan of bachata, Aventura does not cut it for me. They have there own school of fans and as well I don't like the neighbourhood or the venue of the concert. If I were to go I would probably go in Montreal. Do you like the new lay out of the Toronto.Hispano website?

trina said:
Now this is the only reason why I wish I lived in Toronto! Access to concerts like this, and cheap flights to the DR.

http://www.torontohispano.com/entretenimiento/tropical/2004/aventura2004/aventura04sorteo.shtml

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Tickets are almost gone for this concert. Got mine at Rincon Hispano in the Jane & Sheppard area.

$30 in advance/$60 at the door.

We saw them perform November 2002 so it should be interesting to see how they've improved. The best thing is this time the show is not all ages.

Lesley - just curious, why don't you like Palazzo? Have you been since Flava Fridays moved there from Las Brisas?

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Debs,

"Los j?venes" my friend. They ruin the show. Personally, I never been there but from what I hear I know I won't like it. I like going out but I think the location and the crowd is very important. Actually in Toronto I find there are plenty of Latin Clubs or a "Latin Night" at clubs but when you really think about it only 2 or 3 are good all round. Meaning music, people, ambiance. Actually since last year I started going back to Montreal (I am from there originally) for dancing. It's long way but I am happier and I make sure I go every 2 months.

debs said:
Tickets are almost gone for this concert. Got mine at Rincon Hispano in the Jane & Sheppard area.

We saw them perform November 2002 so it should be interesting to see how they've improved. The best thing is this time the show is not all ages.

Lesley - just curious, why don't you like Palazzo? Have you been since Flava Fridays moved there from Las Brisas?

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
We'll all have to do a Latin night out when we come to Toronto. How does July 2 sound for everybody??? We'll probably be in London until July 1st or so, then going to TO on July 2. July 3 is doable, but we'd like to be in Montreal for July 4. If these dates don't work for everyone, July 1st would also be an option. We would be in London, but can easily drive to Toronto and spend more time in London with relatives on the way back to Calgary.

Last edited:

debs

Jun 10, 2002
We're long overdue for another T.O. get together!

July 2nd sounds great to me :)

Lesley - fair enough...I've heard a lot of people make the same comment on the place...for me, all I need is good music (preferably bachata) and a good dance partner and the rest just doesn't matter. Hope we get to see you in July when Trina is here.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Yes, I want to meet you all as well. This is a great medium for people who have similar tastes.

You are funny- "good music preferably bachata". But I am with you that's why I go to Montreal. They have the best bachata and I go to the one and only Dominican club there for exactly that reason and they are good dancers as well Toronto can't compete.

Anyway July 2 is good for me too.

Nos vemos.

debs said:
We're long overdue for another T.O. get together!

July 2nd sounds great to me :)

Lesley - fair enough...I've heard a lot of people make the same comment on the place...for me, all I need is good music (preferably bachata) and a good dance partner and the rest just doesn't matter. Hope we get to see you in July when Trina is here.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
The odds...

are against me. I have already booked a holiday from July 1 - 5 and will not be in Toronto. I would really love to meet everyone too so if the plans do get changed I will be there or maybe later in the year there will be another reunion in Toronto?

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Trina,

July 2nd is good, and what I know of the latin clubs in Toronto, on a Friday night, El Rancho is where it's happening.

DJ

Marianita

Mar 2, 2004
debs said:

I was just on the Toronto Hispano Website and it said :This event is for all ages". Was it a typo?

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Aventura Concert

Marianita said:
I was just on the Toronto Hispano Website and it said :This event is for all ages". Was it a typo?

I have my ticket already, can't wait. I went to see them two years ago when they came to TO and it was so much fun! I've been waiting for this concert for a while now!
I'm not sure if it is all ages, it wasn't supposed to be but I think people, the under aged people want to go so they have been trying to see if it can be all ages. I can find out for sure if anyone wants to know.

El Rancho on a Friday is great, that's where I always go you'll have lots of fun!!

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Marianita said:

It's not all ages. I had my ID checked last night when I purchased the tickets.

ID will also be checked at the door. I'm guessing that security will be pretty tight that night.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Yes you are right about that. If you are not 19+ forget it! They were trying to accomodate the underaged but it was confirmed 3 weeks ago that it will NOT be all ages which I think is correct. They will get their turn in the future besides who is going to monitor two separate crowds? It would only increase the ticket price. As well if it were all ages I think it would be open invitation to problems.

debs said:

ID will also be checked at the door. I'm guessing that security will be pretty tight that night.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
I second the "El Rancho" vote. The other venues are stale on a Friday Night.

gonzaga said:
Trina,

July 2nd is good, and what I know of the latin clubs in Toronto, on a Friday night, El Rancho is where it's happening.

DJ

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
debs said:

That's good to know, my friend picked up my tickets so that's why I didn't know. I must remember to bring my ID.
Fun Fun it will be!!!!

Marianita

Mar 2, 2004
debs said:

Ok good. They should take that off the website. Thanks for letting me know. I would not go if it were all ages. Actually I am going to call Toronto Hispano to get rid of that.

Thanks.

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Apparently there is a petition going around to make the concert all ages...WTF? Just saw this on salsaspot.com...

Wonder if they'll refund people their money if the show should happen to become all ages?

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Unbelievable! Is this for the Montreal Aventura concert as well?

debs said:
Apparently there is a petition going around to make the concert all ages...WTF? Just saw this on salsaspot.com...

Wonder if they'll refund people their money if the show should happen to become all ages?

debs

Jun 10, 2002
From what I've heard, Montreal has always been scheduled as an all ages event...

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
aventuraaaaaaaaaaa

i dont care if its all ages or not..... i went on my lunchbreak from work (i work at toronto city hall) and went down the street and bought my tickets....
its all about their preformance, not about some tiny kids that can be thrown in the back of the crowd anyways !!