Where to get replacement a/c remote in DR?

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
We're having the hardest time finding a replacement remote control for our York wall air conditioning unit. We have emails out to our Casa Linda management, to a Puerto Rico distributor, to the main office in Asia, to distributors in the states, etc.

Our villa was built about 9 years ago and the previous owner left the damn batteries in the control and the acid corroded the remote beyond repair. The a/c unit can still be turned on manually, but fan speed, blower direction, etc., are only available from the remote.

The Asian office thought there may be some place in SD.

Hopefully CL management will know since they built the houses, but hope someone on DR1 could direct us to a place to email/call in Santiago?

We'll be down May 20 and was hoping to at least get it mailed to Sosua by then.

palmas

Jan 7, 2002
No need for remote

Suggestion:

When Doug gets hot:

(1) Bend leg.

(2) Kick you out of bed.

(3) You turn on air conditioner.

Isn't that why we got married?

Alex

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Worst case scenario

Get a technician to install external controls. At least you will be able to operate things manually.

Tomvangeffen

May 9, 2002
and if all else fails....

buy a "learning" remote and use it for all your remote controlled devices.....

(and No, with learning remote I don't mean husbands, wifes or even children)

Tom

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Robert - It is a York MHC35 wall mount split system air conditioner. The numbers on controller are 08688B0894, 031-01455-003, and 371-01419-003.

Other responders - Thanks for the laughs!

Last edited:

Karl

Jan 1, 2002
Remotes

i dont know if this helps, but when i down there i was talking with the owner of the Plaza Europa in Sosua and he was complaining about how his A/C remotes in the rooms were always getting lost or stolen. He said he was getting tired of replacing all the remotes, if you get time, maybe go over and ask him where he is getting his replacements from.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
thanks, Karl. I've heard of Europa but can't remember where in Sosua it is. We'll be sure and go by if no luck before we get there May 20.