Filing a theft claim.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Fabio,

We had a discussion among neighbors about the responsibility of the residential administration and the security company of our gated community to protect our properties and well-being. Residential maintenance fees pay for security. A major issue discussed was in the event of a break-in theft does the victim have the legal recourse to file a claim for loss/damages against the administration and/or the security company.

Can a claim be filed and what is necessary to support a claim?

Regards,
PJT

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am not a lawyer, but experience has shown

That if a theft occurs and it is reported to the Police, the watchman/men on duty are the first to go to jail. Their treatment is not gentle.

I truly doubt that the administration will accept liability for a robbery.

Try and make your property as safe as possible and do not leave anything you value out in the open. A nice "yappy" dog is a good insurance policy, unless you sleep like a log.

HB

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
H.B.

Thanks for the reply.

Don't need dogs at my place, those of my neighbors do all the work so I'm getting the benefit without having to invest.

The reason for my post is to empower myself and neighbors with the proper information regarding a claim process should a theft occur. There is no doubt on my part when a claim is filed with the administrators and/or security company it will fall on deaf ears. However, the empowerment can be used when negotiating residential maintenance fees and property insurance.

Regards,
PJT

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I am encharge of security where I work.

We employ a private Security Company.Part of their contract with us is a multi-million peso bond.They are responsible for "Specific" losses that occure
here! Only loss so far,was a visitor that had his tire cut after parking where the watchman told him to park.The company came on the spot and paid the estimate for a new tire!

Don't hire a company that is not bonded! Specify very clearly which loses are covered, and not covered!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: ;)

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Hillbilly is right, they apprehend the men on duty for "investigation". BTW, never rely on the neighbor's "security umbrella" for your protection. If they have dogs or watchmen never expect those to protect your property.