Best testing laboratory in the DR?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Testing for what? Medical testing, water testing, or some other sort of testing?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you are talking about "Blood & Bodily Fluids" testing,

In Santo Domingo,I would recommend "Movi-Lab"(No German or English) or "Cedimat",at the Plaza de La Salud.We speak German,and English!CC

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
My boyfriend wants to get checked to see if something is wrong with him. He has had ameobas (sp??), parasites, Candida, fish/food poisoning, etc. from living on the DR for 11 years. Lately his energy has been unusually low and he had sudden onset of fever, off on and for the last week. We are looking for a reputable medical facility that can run some tests and hopefully get to the bottom of this! Any help/referrals would be greatly appreciated!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I recommend that he see Dr. Fernando Contreras in Santo Domingo, a gastroenterologist trained and certified in the US. He has offices in Clinica Abreau and the Torre Piantini. Call 221-2391 or 687-0107.

Amilda/Expat

Jan 22, 2002
Doctor

Dr. Alberto Santana in Abel Gonzalez, Suite 319 : 732-1228 470-6896.
I consider him an excellent gastroenterologist, not only for his knowledge but also because he is very kind.
And in relation to laboratories I usually go to Referencia. (There is always one close to where I am, and they do the best possible to have everything on time.) Also, if you are to sick to go to them, with a previous appointment they will come and do the blood tests at home. ?
Amilda

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Referencia Laboratorio Cl?nico

Their main office is:

Ave. Independencia #202 Apto. 302, Edificio Santa Ana
Tel: 221-5545

But they have a bunch of testing centers in Pianitini, Naco, Sarasota (near Carol Morgan School), Gascue...etc. Call the main office to find out more.

They are open from 7am and are very effficient and professional. Blood testing results are usually available by afternoon on the same day.

Good luck !