Mosquito netting

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Where can I purchase in Santo Domingo mosquito netting other than the cheap nylon variety commonly found in most local department stores?

Mirador

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Mirador said:
Where can I purchase in Santo Domingo mosquito netting other than the cheap nylon variety commonly found in most local department stores?

Mirador

I have seen some nice ones in Carrefour and Conforama, they had the Queen size, when most places only carry the twin size. These are the white transparent type...none of that pink "froufrous" stuff! Another option is to buy the fabric and have them made; Modatela has a great selection of fabric!
good luck :classic:

Tripps

Apr 30, 2004
mosquito nets

juanita said:
I have seen some nice ones in Carrefour and Conforama, they had the Queen size, when most places only carry the twin size. These are the white transparent type...none of that pink "froufrous" stuff! Another option is to buy the fabric and have them made; Modatela has a great selection of fabric!
good luck :classic:

I too will be flying into Santa Domingo on the 15th of May. I would love to know the directions or address of the place with which you spoke. I have no problem driving over to Santa Domingo from Boca Chica. I do know that My friend and I are in need of mosquito nets. Havent found any here in Arizona, lol! Thanks, Ian.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Tripps said:
I too will be flying into Santa Domingo on the 15th of May. I would love to know the directions or address of the place with which you spoke. I have no problem driving over to Santa Domingo from Boca Chica. I do know that My friend and I are in need of mosquito nets. Havent found any here in Arizona, lol! Thanks, Ian.

Conforama
San V de Paul 361
Santo Domingo
(809) 414-6026

Carrefour
Plaza Duarte
Km 10 1/2 de la Autopista Duarte
Tel. 372-1234

Modatelas
Ave. Duarte 111/ esq. Ave. Mexico
Tel. 682-1711

Tripps

Apr 30, 2004
Thankyou

juanita said:
Conforama
San V de Paul 361
Santo Domingo
(809) 414-6026

Carrefour
Plaza Duarte
Km 10 1/2 de la Autopista Duarte
Tel. 372-1234

Modatelas
Ave. Duarte 111/ esq. Ave. Mexico
Tel. 682-1711

I just want to say this is the most helpful and informative forum/website I have ever had the oppurtunity to stumble upon! Hurray Google! I hope i too can become a source of information to new people thanks again! Ian

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Tripps said:
I just want to say this is the most helpful and informative forum/website I have ever had the oppurtunity to stumble upon! Hurray Google! I hope i too can become a source of information to new people thanks again! Ian

Ian...

I think that your best option would be to go to Conforama, if you're coming from Boca Chica, it's much easier and you don't even have to cross the bridge to Santo Domingo. I could not tell you exactly "how" to get there but if you ask around for Mega Centro you'll get there in no time! Lots of nice stores in that mall; Conforama, La Gran Via (dept. store), Bravo (food store) that carry IGA products (Canadian)...etc! Enjoy your shopping!

http://www.megacentrord.com/ (the site is still under construction)

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Thanking Juanita for her very helpful help (pardon the redundency ;-).

Mirador

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Just a small addendum

That address
San V de Paul?

Should be "San Vicente de Paul" which is a major thoroughfare on the eastern part of the city. And MEGAcentro is a big place...

HB

PS: Mosquito nets are mosquito nets...Pola or La Sirena have tons of them. they are not decorator's thingys, they are to keep the little buggers out of your ears!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I'm sure Mr Hillbilly is an authority in many things, however, about mosquito nets he seems to know nothin'. Probably 'cause he has no use for them, considering that he sleeps confortably in his centrally airconditioned home with a 50 KW emergency power plant to boot. Also, he probably can go anywhere, any place, any time in his air conditioned Hummer and/or helicopter. You will never hear Mr. Hillbilly saying something like 'God willing and the creek don't rise'.

Mirador
PS 100% cotton mosquito nets are the best