Filipino in Dom Rep.

jcrue20

May 3, 2004
hello everybody. i wanna know if there are Filipinos here in Dominican Republic. If ever there are Filipinos/Filipinas, please let me know and email me (jacsurfer@yahoo.com). I wanna hang out with you guys.

thanks!!!

im a FILIPINO! MABUHAY!!!

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have visited Manila!

Hung out in Subic Bay! I am more interested to know if there are any Filipin"A"s in the DR???????????I found the Filipinas to be both beautiful,and they speak English! Good Luck! Cris Colon

TCIDR

Sep 7, 2003
I know a filipino

There is a guy, filipino who live in Providenciales, that comes over to DR like every week.
I do know filipinas also living in Turks, but they need visas to enter the DR soil. A filipina friend and I wanted to Visit DR, but we had to make a trip to Haiti instead....different experience
I taking a trip to PH in sept

jcrue20

May 3, 2004
TCIDR said:
There is a guy, filipino who live in Providenciales, that comes over to DR like every week.
I do know filipinas also living in Turks, but they need visas to enter the DR soil. A filipina friend and I wanted to Visit DR, but we had to make a trip to Haiti instead....different experience
I taking a trip to PH in sept
its not tough/hard to get a Dominican Visa. having one is like learning the alphabet.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I am not a Filipina, but depending on where you are, I might be induced to provide adobo, pancit, lumpia or siopao - a few other dishes as well.

LP

jcrue20

May 3, 2004
La Profe_1 said:
I am not a Filipina, but depending on where you are, I might be induced to provide adobo, pancit, lumpia or siopao - a few other dishes as well.

LP
you know those dishes? i missed eating pancit. im here in Santo Domingo. you wanna drop by and cook pancit for me? LOL :)

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Oops

North Coast here. Yes, I do know those dishes and quite a few others.

From the sound of your posts, I am probably old enough to be your mother, so don't get any wrong ideas!

TCIDR

Sep 7, 2003
a filipina friend and I intended to visit the DR, but at Providenciales Airport, they hadn't allow her to travel. So we booked a flight to Haiti instead, as it is a policy in TCI for person on Work permit to leave the country for 24 hours if they change contracts or if the work permit is expired and have to be renewed.
While we were in haiti, - cap haiten- we were ripped off so much we decide to get a truck from Haiti to Dr to the border of Diajabon. We were able to exit from the haiti part of the border after getting our passport stamp to exit haiti, but after we arrived on DR soil, the immigration took my friend passport and said that filipinos need visa and it can only be obtain in the phils. At the point we were ready to pay a bribe because we didn't want to go back to Cap haiten. I find it more expensive there than the DR even as I was expecting it to be cheaper.
Eventho Skyking said my friend needed a visa, we thought maybe there were wrong, or the the immigration there wouldn't pay any attention)
After we got back to Provo 2 day later we made contact with people in the philippines and it is said there is no dominican embassy in the phils.
So for the person who've mention that a visa is easy can you please offer some directions.
My friend wouldn't want to revisit haiti. I had t cross the border to purchase food as we were without electricity and guys showing up thier ID to pay them because of their claim being Tour Guides...A Painful experience

ELin3pi2!

May 26, 2004
you can find some in to boca chica

There are always filipinos in boca chica, they come and go in the ferrys every so often, so if you go to boca chica and find out when the ferrys from the filipines are coming in, you'll find some. I recommend that when you find them, do not hang out arround barrios like, "la esquina caliente" and "la ceiba".

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
ELin3pi2! said:
There are always filipinos in boca chica, they come and go in the ferrys every so often, so if you go to boca chica and find out when the ferrys from the filipines are coming in, you'll find some. I recommend that when you find them, do not hang out arround barrios like, "la esquina caliente" and "la ceiba".

The "ferrys from the filipines" ???? Excuse me, but what do you mean???