from punta cana to puerto plata

Aliciaaa

May 3, 2004
Hello guys!! I need a quick information... I'm going in DR in less than 2 weeks and we are flying stand by into punta cana round trip but our hotel is in sosua... Can someone tell me how long does it take to go from punta cana to pop r-t and the approximate cost?? I heard about caribe tours bus and metro as well but I can't get any info on their website. Thanks to all and can't wait to come down!!! See ya....xx
Alicia :cool:

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
FYI, you can fly direct from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata for US$80 round trip. But flights might not be every day, with Air Santo Domingo.

A 45 minute flight sure as heck beats 8 hours on busses.

Aliciaaa

May 3, 2004
Conchman said:
FYI, you can fly direct from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata for US$80 round trip. But flights might not be every day, with Air Santo Domingo.

Ya I know I can go by plane but we don't mind going by bus as we want to see as much as we can of this beautiful country.. I went so many times to DR but never travelled by bus. I think it would be a great experience + we are going to stay for more than 2 months so... thx

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
What date do you arrive in PC?

Aliciaaa said:
Ya I know I can go by plane but we don't mind going by bus as we want to see as much as we can of this beautiful country.. I went so many times to DR but never travelled by bus. I think it would be a great experience + we are going to stay for more than 2 months so... thx

When are you arriving in Punta Cana?

MotorCity Mike

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Take the bus!!

A few years ago I went to Costa Rica and the resort where I was staying was a 4 hour bus ride from the airport or for an additional $80, a 15 minute plane ride. I chose the bus for the same reasons you have said you want to take the bus from Punta Cana to Sosua... I saw the country in a way that would not be possible had I flown. Although the bus driver drove like a maniac, the trip was amazing - we drove through many small coastal towns, through the mountains where all the coffee plantations were and went on a ferry to get to the peninsula where I was staying. I know some people just want to get to the resort but I never regretted the bus ride and would do it again in any country.

Conchman said:

Aliciaaa

May 3, 2004
Fiesta Mama said:
A few years ago I went to Costa Rica and the resort where I was staying was a 4 hour bus ride from the airport or for an additional $80, a 15 minute plane ride. I chose the bus for the same reasons you have said you want to take the bus from Punta Cana to Sosua... I saw the country in a way that would not be possible had I flown. Although the bus driver drove like a maniac, the trip was amazing - we drove through many small coastal towns, through the mountains where all the coffee plantations were and went on a ferry to get to the peninsula where I was staying. I know some people just want to get to the resort but I never regretted the bus ride and would do it again in any country.

wow..thx...that must have been a great trip....+ costa rica is so wow..lol I need to go there one day for sure...!!

Aliciaaa

May 3, 2004
MotorCity Mike said:
When are you arriving in Punta Cana?

MotorCity Mike

well the thing is that we are flying stand by so we ll probably be flying into puerto plata depending on the space so thats far from sosua...but we'll probably have to fly back from punta cana and our flight leaves at 8pm..so i guess we can do this on the same day!!!

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Aliciaaa said:
well the thing is that we are flying stand by so we ll probably be flying into puerto plata depending on the space so thats far from sosua...but we'll probably have to fly back from punta cana and our flight leaves at 8pm..so i guess we can do this on the same day!!!

Aliciaaa,

Do you have that backwards? Puerto Plata and Sosua are pretty close to each other. Are you flying into Punta Cana and then have to travel to Sosua? Then maybe flying out of Puerto Plata for your return trip home?

What date are you arriving in the DR?

MotorCity Mike

Aliciaaa

May 3, 2004
MotorCity Mike said:
Aliciaaa,

Do you have that backwards? Puerto Plata and Sosua are pretty close to each other. Are you flying into Punta Cana and then have to travel to Sosua? Then maybe flying out of Puerto Plata for your return trip home?

What date are you arriving in the DR?

MotorCity Mike

I know that POP is very close to sosua but the thing is since we are stand by...the outbound flight still looks good on POP but the space is very limited on the return from POP so we may have no choice to come back from punta cana... I will be arriving into POP on may15th...cant wait!! ;)

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
i got the answer !

OK OK HERES THE DEAL !!!
you can go on a flight for $80 one way but wheres the fun in socializing in that ....

This is what you do in Punta Cana.....At 7am every morning there is a bus that goes from Frusica (take a cab there) and take the Express bavaro bus... that will take you right into santo domingo otherwise if you dont take the express you have to stop in higuey for about an hour. Express bavaro will cost you 200 pesos and is about a 3 hrs ride with lots of fun with the locals......... now once you get into santo domingo that is where the fun really begins ..!!!
You go to Parque Enriquelle (tell the bus driver or someone on the buss to tell you when to get off) and from there get a cab to caribe tours.... from there you take a bus straight to POP/Sosua/La vega....etc, it makes numerous stops...this will cost you 190pesos and will take about 4-4.5hrs..... but the time fllllllllllllllllllllies by...... i got sooooo drunk on the way to puerto plata that by the time i got to puerto plata i was hammered pretty well (im polish so i drink like a fricken fish on steriods ... hehe) ... make friends on the bus.... god knows i did (my looks help too i guess..) hehe but my question is really why are you flying to punta cana if your staying in Sosua..... Puerto plata airport is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy closer !!!... when i was flying to PC last month there was a couple of girls who flew into Pc but where staying in La Romana.... and they could've got a flight to La Romana no prob.... but anywayas i dont get it.............

If you have any further questions email me........ ill more than likely have the answer !!!
mrs_sunscapesPCG@hotmail.com

Jennifer !

p.s- silke dont even think about replying back to my posts..