Thread: Car Rental ???

Post Thanks / Like

Question Car Rental ???

I will be traveling to DR in July (via SDQ) with the wife and kids.... because I will be going to Santiago, Jarabacoa, San Francisco de Macoris, Punta Cana and Santo Domingo I think I'm better off renting a small SUV (like a Rav4 or Sidekick). I lived overthere about 10 years ago and was there last year (w/o wife and kids) so I know how to get around. I've checked the major rental places like Budget/National/Alamo/Dollar and they very expensive ($70+/day). I know there are many independent rental places there too but I dont know any of them.

Can anyone here suggest and/or share experiences doing this? Prices? When? Type and condition of vehicle?

Thanks in advance,
    Trompeta
    trompeta @ earthlink . net

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Just rent a car

There is really no need to rent anything other than a car to handle the destinations you listed. A small, top-heavy deathtrap of an SUV would be the last thing on earth I would ever rent given the inconsistant road conditions and poorly disciplined drivers in the DR.

I returned from my recent trip to the DR on April 8th where I logged nearly 2,000 Km on 2 vehicles rented from National. A Nissan Sentra like my rental would serve you well and at a cost of $45/day, $270/week.

FYI, I made multiple trips between SDQ airport, Boca Chica, San Francisco de Macorís, Constanza, and San Juan de la Maguana.

Cuidate,

Swede

Post Thanks / Like

Question

thanks for your reply.... anyone else care to share their experiences?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Right rental vehicle

On this topic you'll get many opinions. I think the right rental vehicle for you is an SUV and not a sedan. The sedan will work for Santiago, Santo Domingo & other places mentioned, but not for Jarabacoa. An SUV is also a safer vehicle for kids. I rent vehicles and speak from what my clients do. One of my customers (a Floridian) rented a car, but when he visited Jarabacoa he changed his mind and asked me to get him a Honda CRV.

E-mail me your exact rental dates and glance at my website www.hotdealsrentacar.com and let me know what vehicle you like and I'll see what rates I can give you.

Whether you rent from us on this occasion or not, we wish you a great trip & enjoy DR!

Felix Santana
    http://www.hotdealsrentacar.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Deals
    On this topic you'll get many opinions. I think the right rental vehicle for you is an SUV and not a sedan. The sedan will work for Santiago, Santo Domingo & other places mentioned, but not for Jarabacoa. An SUV is also a safer vehicle for kids. I rent vehicles and speak from what my clients do. One of my customers (a Floridian) rented a car, but when he visited Jarabacoa he changed his mind and asked me to get him a Honda CRV.

E-mail me your exact rental dates and glance at my website www.hotdealsrentacar.com and let me know what vehicle you like and I'll see what rates I can give you.

Whether you rent from us on this occasion or not, we wish you a great trip & enjoy DR!

Felix Santana
    http://www.hotdealsrentacar.com
    Thank you Felix for your info... I will get in contact with you ASAP.