Thread: Wrong Numbers

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wrong Numbers

This is not a really serious question, but the thread with the online Dominican whitepages got me thinking. When I was in DR at least once a day someone would call my cellphone in error. I was wondering if anyone else notices if there is a high frequency of errant phone calls in DR.

I always wondered why I received some many of these calls - I had prepaid Orange service so maybe the person with the number before me was popular or was it just that people in DR dial carelessly?

Post Thanks / Like

So true. My theory is that people tend to memorise rather than write down phone numbers so there is more scope for error. Many Dominicans I know have an incredible capacity for remembering phone numbers.

Chiri

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default plantains?

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya
    ... Many Dominicans I know have an incredible capacity for remembering phone numbers.

Chiri
    HEY! MAYBE THAT PLANTAIN-RICH DIET IS NOT SO BAD AFTER ALL!?!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_NJ
    This is not a really serious question, but the thread with the online Dominican whitepages got me thinking. When I was in DR at least once a day someone would call my cellphone in error. I was wondering if anyone else notices if there is a high frequency of errant phone calls in DR.

I always wondered why I received some many of these calls - I had prepaid Orange service so maybe the person with the number before me was popular or was it just that people in DR dial carelessly?
    Dialing carelessly ? what it is the purpose of this question what are you trying to solve or create?

WHAT A QUESTION....