Industrial Tarps...Big ones...anyone with ideas

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
...where to purchase several on an immediate basis here in the DR? I need some NOW and have no problem with someone offering them to us as a "broker" if you can deliver. I just don't have the time to bring them down in a container from the states for the application I presently have.

Best, Dave

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Don't know if this will help but are you talking about the "tarps" that cover trucks, pools, etc. that are made of rubber, mystery material, etc.?

If so, I don't know where in the DR you can purchase them BUT I have purchased some in Canada from swimming pool manufacturers/suppliers because their tarps come in very large sizes and are usually very durable. I used to own a farm in Ontario and we used them to construct the roof tops of greenhouses and they withstood high winds, rain, etc. I assume there would be lots of swimming pool suppliers, etc. in the DR considering the climate? If you are not talking about the same type of "tarps" that I am, sorry and good luck!

dms3611 said:
...where to purchase several on an immediate basis here in the DR? I need some NOW and have no problem with someone offering them to us as a "broker" if you can deliver. I just don't have the time to bring them down in a container from the states for the application I presently have.

Best, Dave

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Yes that is the type....no I don't have time to bring them from Canada or U.S.

Thanks for the info though!

Best, Dave

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
I know you don't want to bring them from Canada/USA - I meant check there in the DR with swimming pool suppliers, etc.

dms3611 said:
Thanks for the info though!

Best, Dave

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Call Me

I am pretty certain that among the receipts for our ongoing construction is one which listed the purchase of some tarps. It was local. I'll need a bit of time in the morning to go through the paperwork at the office, but if you call my cell around ten AM, I should have a name and phone number for you.

LP

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Manuel Corripio SA (??) company located in Santo Domingo.

They are on the Kennedy Expressway, on the south side, east of Maximo Gomez, just as it goes to both an elevated section and splits off to Navarro. You need to go into a driveway, and then the loading docks and entrance are on the back side, away from the Kennedy expressway, but they do have a huge sign out front.

They sell the big canvas truck-type tarps and other sizes also. (canvas is "lona" in spanish)

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Manuel Corripio C x A -try these phone numbers: 227-5555 or 566-9233 or fax at 567-2462.

Suerte.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Thanks all! Went to Manuel Corripio C x A today and bought all the largest tarps...

...they had. Thanks for the input.

Best, Dave