looking for specialized oriental (chinese, thai, japanese)kitchen equipment.

patrikim

May 5, 2004
:ninja: desperately looking for oriental kitchen equipment (woks, burners,etc..) and for specialized chinawarare (soop bowls, porcelane spoons, rectangular sushi plates, etc) also need contacts with specialty oriental
food importers to the D.R, any pointers will be really,really appreciated...

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
For food items try Asiatica on 27 de Febrero Ave -

in Santo Domingo,Close to Tokyo Motors. They have a large selection of fresh and packaged Asian groceries. There is also a store on Avenida Bolivar but I have not been there and don't know the exact name or location. I do know that particular outlet does not stock fresh items (pre-pack only).
The staff at Asiatica can tell you where to buy equipment (they do have some dishware but I'm not sure how much as I was only interested in their grocery items!).
Hope this helps!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
If you want to open in Sosua I will supply the land and build the restaurant for you. I miss Sushi and Thai desperately! (Except on Thurs. Thai at Tropicoco)

BTW: This is a serious offer of an offer

Scott

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
In Santo Domingo

Definitely your best bets would be in Santo Domingo where I have personally visited Asian stores such as the one in Ave. Bolivar (almost at Nunez de Caceres---sorry don't have the name). If they can't accommodate all of your needs I'm sure they can refer you to other places.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Visit a store called El Asiatico or Asia that is located on 27 de Febrero corner Privada. It is besides the Supermercado Popular.

patrikim

May 5, 2004
thank you all!!

thank you all so, so much!!
when we have the thing going i promiss to invite you
all for a tasting....
domo harigato!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is a good one on Maximo G?mez on the left going towards the sea

It is almost in front of a Nacional supermarket and just up from the Palacio de Bellas Artes.

There are a whole flock of them in Little Chinatown up and off to the right of Ave Mexico as you pass Club San Carlos. Just a block off of Ave Mexico everything turns Chinese.

However everything here is three or four times as expensive as you can find on Canal street in New York City.

I have bought woks and ladels(?) and a couple of #3 choppers here at fair prices but the few plates and spoons were too high...Oriental products are fairly priced.

Most food like spring peas, green onions and so forth can be had at the big supermarkets.

Doh ita imashite

HB