New Car Dealers nearest Sosua?

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I'm interested in buying a new (or slightly used) Japanese car. Can someone tell me where are the Toyota, Honda, Subaru, etc. dealers nearest to Sosua? - By the way, roughly what are the insurance rates? - Thanks, D

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Santiago

Danny W said:
I'm interested in buying a new (or slightly used) Japanese car. Can someone tell me where are the Toyota, Honda, Subaru, etc. dealers nearest to Sosua? - By the way, roughly what are the insurance rates? - Thanks, D

Possibly the best advice would be to go an hour's drive away to Santiago, where you will have a wider range of options than in Puerto Plata, for example, and, if possible, after you do your negotiating, have a native, if possible, do the same, to see if the prices are the same. I believe if they see that you are foreign or, have foreign currency, you will not get as good a deal as a local customer. Just my 2 cents.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It is almost a buyer's market

I think that you should do a little 'scouting' first off. Get the List?n Diario and check out the classifieds to get a ball park figure for what you might be looking for.

Then get a DR friend and come to Santiago and look around. Forget Hondas.
Look at Toyotas, and Nissans. Remember that Mitsubishi is in bankruptsy and Daimler-Chrysler has just refused to bail them out, which caused a major shake-up at D-C. Also Mitsubishis are the most stolen SUVs in the country because there is a major scarcity of parts for them.

Toyotas are a bit more expensive, but they have earned their reputation. A good Toyota diesel pick-up or small SUV will last just about forever if you give it proper maintenence (Change oil every 3-4000 kilometers and change filters at the same time). Susuki diesels are coming into play more and more.

All depends on your pocketbook.

HB

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Thanks everyone. I really do want something new or almost new. I'll look in the paper and take a ride into Santiago. - D