North American Airlines Fares

santanatwins

Jan 20, 2004
Must of this info was already posted on the Jet Blue Thread but I thought it might be useful info for all to know.

I just called our ticket agent and got some info:

June 17th thru Dec 31th of this year

JFK-SDQ-JFK round trip

$278 fare
$ 20 fuel surcharge
$87.90 taxes

$385.90 total

There are some block out dates that you can't get this fare ( what a surprise)
but you have to check their website for info or call the 800 number. The number is 1-800-371-6297. Website addy is www.northamericanair.com. Our agent told me these fares were the same for travel from SDQ to JFK. I have to think all airlines pay the fuel and taxes so at this price, I think Jet blue is probably $20 to $30 bucks cheaper. I have to think Jet Blue is only selling a few tickets at the advertised price so at the end of the day,they are probably the same fare.

I believe these fares are the same for flights into SDQ and STI. And they are planning on having flights daily into STI for the summer

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Thats a good fare. Especially for the summer months. Do you think AA will be forced to drop their prices because of the competition?
Larry

santanatwins

Jan 20, 2004
AA pricing unchanged

It's my belief that North American has always charged this fare. I can't confirm this, but we've been flying into SDQ and STI for over 2 years now on a regular schedule and I don't think that has had any affect on AA pricing. I guess they don't consider us a competitor. But with Jet blue coming in, this might change. When you have 3 or four competitors going into the same market from the same city, prices can't vary too much, maybe $20-$50 difference roundtrip.

I guess it boils down to preference.

Oh, we also have leather seats as someone mentioned about Jet blue but I don't think that makes much of a difference. I prefer comfort first regardless of what type of seat covering it comes from. :nervous:

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
they will drop it now that Jetblue is in the market

Jetblue has fares that start at $345 dollars R/T with all taxes (even DR departure tax) included.

Hopefully, the days of AA charging $700 bucks for a summer fare is over

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
cmedina07 said:
they will drop it now that Jetblue is in the market

Jetblue has fares that start at $345 dollars R/T with all taxes (even DR departure tax) included.

Hopefully, the days of AA charging $700 bucks for a summer fare is over

I hope you are right. I am flying down next week to POP from JFK and the fare cost me $456.00 round trip. I think that is expensive, especially for the middle of May. The last couple of years, I always got the same flight for under $400.00 ( I never traveled in June, July or August though). Seems like there was a spike in AA prices over the last 6 months. I assumed that rising fuel prices and an improving global economy creating more travelers was to blame. Hopefully Jet Blues low fares will level the playing field a little bit.
Larry

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
to cmedina:

would you repeat those lines about AA and 700 USD fare in case if you'd be AA owner?

Why do passenger always think that airline should transport them for free? Don't you want to think about operational costs? You all want to fly on 777, but unfortunately you won't pay for it!

Airlines exist to make money, these companies are private and their main reason is to make money, to provide safety transportation and to grow!