Busts and booms this month.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
The busts...........................

-Never let Anthony Rios clean your gun. Yesterday Fat Anthony tried to clean his gun while its was cocked and he tried to place a full magazine. The entire magazine fired and nipped his hand. His majesty pig was laid in a hospital bed half naked and looked like a giant frog.
-Felix Sanchez and Juana Arrendel, the favorites at the "big bust" Dominican Grand Prix Games lost so bad they didn't even qualify. Juana was totally disqualified and Felix "Superman" Sanchez finished 4th. Almost 100% of the attendance were freebies given by the government so the games could look good. Hippo got paid with big boos again. He doesn't learn.
-The engineers and contractors for the Pan Am Games who were given hefty contracts and who thought they were going to turn rich. The government hasn't paid them yet. Perhaps never will, specially if Leonel wins.
-The "caba?as" at Autopista 30 de Mayo and San Isidro. Since they raised prices to as much as $800 from as little as $240 you can take your pick from the many empty rooms available, even on Saturdays.
-The passenger bridge at the intersection of Maximo Gomez & 27 de febrero(puente peatonal).All the hoopla to finifh it up so Hippo can inaugurate it will backfire with the traffic jams being caused and the fact that few will ever use it, unless they totally block out pedestrian crossing, which might be impossible. Another Hippo white elephant.
-Tony Pe?a's Kansas City Royals. If they don't lift themselves up soon, we may have the first major league manager fired.
-La Feria del Libro. Did anybody buy any books at all?
-The palm tree plantation at Avenida Churchill replacing older mahogany trees. The Dominican Palm is the ugliest palm tree I have ever seen. City Hall should copy landscaping in Miami. It doesn't take much to learn from the best.
-How did transfer of Baninter to Scotia Bank improve customer service? While at the old Baninter you could pay or withdraw money without filling out slips, the Nova Scotia people turned back into the stone age with filling-out slips again. Salimos de guatemala a guatapeor!!!
-The long lines at our banks. It just gets worse. Why can't our banks learn from the intelligent system used at the main Bancredito branch where people sit in conference style in comfortable seats after taking a number and get called in order by automatic sign board, the same system used at Tricom/Telecable? But NOOOO! Let's make it difficult and painful on our customers. That's the motto of our banks.
-Our Dominican armed forces. I used to defend our boys, but they have become a burden on our society and are not needed at all. We should begin to press for their elimination. We can do it. If Costa Rica could, why not us?

BOOMS:
-Santo Domingo's city hall clean-up of political propaganda this time around. hardly a poster is seen anywhere. If you compare this city(not Santo Domingo Oeste, Este and Norte) to cities like Santiago and the rest of the country you would think you are in a different country altogether. Santiago looks like a giant mess. You can step on a poster on your home's sidewalk. Poor Santiago...and the criminality there.
-Leonel's underground tunnels which caused him so much scorn from Hipolito back in 2000. Traffic in Santo Domingo would have totally collapsed without these tunnels by now. Leonel, let's build up some more.
-Bavaro and Punta Cana. It seems like a totally different and progressive Dominican Republic is being built on our East Coast. Calls for independence as a new nation should not be a bad idea. I would be ready to cancel my citizenship in DR and become a Republica Bavaro citizen. Does Bavaro need DR at all?
-Avenida Roberto Pastoriza and Gustavo Mejia Ricart which have become the places to be and to be seen with their interminable line of clubs, shops and fun places. This is where the action is.
-Our Dominican girls. This country has definetly become a paradise for men. If you want to die happy and with a sense of accomplishment in life, be sure to do it in DR. The equivalent of the "American Dream" is the "Dominican Dream", in other words our women are one of the wonders of the world.
TW

-

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Nothing much to add, it's all spot on!

More people appeared to be running on the track than in the actual stands for the Dominican Grand Prix Games, very sad.

"caba?as" raising prices, I hadn't noticed :)

I agree with you 100% on the banks. Why they cannot learn from other successful banks is beyond me. This is not rocket science, it's basic customer service. They do not need to re-invent the wheel, the procedures and practices are tried and tested sucessfully around the globe.

Yes, what would it be like without those tunnels? Especially from 27/Gomez going out of the city. I had the pleasure of spending a day with the urban transport guy from the USA Leonel/Amet brought in the help them. Can't remember his name, was so long ago, Prof ?
At least they had the foresight to bring in expertise and listen.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Maybe you should "Sublet" my apartment?

I will give you a "Special" rate!CCCCCCCCCCCC

:chinese: :chinese: :chinese: :chinese: :chinese: You Want some "Chow Fung"?