The best club in Santo Domingo?!

trap11

May 5, 2004
Hi,

I moved to RD, Santo Domingo in january of 2004 and at this time I still can't find a good club. I like nightlife very much. I have been in Trio, Praia, Monte Cristo, Abacus and all of them are just suxx. No face control, no dress code, everybody can get in. May be somebody knows a good private/vip club, with membership and has a good face control, I dont want to see a guy that earns $200 a month, and on the left side guy sitting with gold Cartier watch. that aint right. Also interested where can I buy a good cloth, especially Roberto Cavalli, Prada, Brioni, D&G.. cant find them (( All your comments and aswers will be really appreciated!

Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Where is GOLO when you need him?

I am sure he will chime n here in a few minutes. He is probably the only one we have on this board that might be able to answer your questions.

HB

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Hmmmm???

With a 'board name' like trapp11...and this being the first post, isn't anyone a little bit suspicious of this?

Who in the world moves to DR and then expects to find Prada, Roberto Cavalli, D&G??? For that you stay in NY, or Europe or wherever it is you're from!!!

Come on, give us a break!!!

newman4ever

Mar 11, 2004
I can't help you on the club scene because I basically agree with you that there just aren't that many good clubs with an upscale clientele.

As far as clothing goes, I live in Santiago and the only place I know here that sells some expensive designer stuff is called Emporio UOMO. They are licensed venders for Versace and D&G. Other than that, I haven't got a clue.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Musicqueen said:

Who in the world moves to DR and then expects to find Prada, Roberto Cavalli, D&G??? For that you stay in NY, or Europe or wherever it is you're from!!!
COLOR]

MusicQueenie
You still don't have a clue about the DR do you?

Trap
The club scene in Santo Domingo(there is no true "club" scene anywhere else in the DR) has deteriorate over the past 8 years with the influx of money and power to the PLD and PRD Chopos. The True club scene has all but migrated to Miami's Design District and Downtown(Not SoBe)
There are some private clubs and VIP events in Santo Doinigo but you will never be invited to them so I won't waste either of our time

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
trap11 said:
Hi,

I moved to RD, Santo Domingo in january of 2004 and at this time I still can't find a good club. I like nightlife very much. I have been in Trio, Praia, Monte Cristo, Abacus and all of them are just suxx. No face control, no dress code, everybody can get in. May be somebody knows a good private/vip club, with membership and has a good face control, I dont want to see a guy that earns $200 a month, and on the left side guy sitting with gold Cartier watch. that aint right. Also interested where can I buy a good cloth, especially Roberto Cavalli, Prada, Brioni, D&G.. cant find them (( All your comments and aswers will be really appreciated!

Thanks

I know what you mean Bro...I also can't deal with people making 200 USd/month trying to hang out with people like us. The nerve of these people...

According to a guy who participates in this board and lives in Santiago (AZB), the best club with the most upscale clientele in the DR is in Santiago and its name is Kelvin's CW (not sure what the CW stands for - Maybe Clients With money)...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You are not going to find what your truly looking for here.
As Tony C says, if anything is happening that is close to what your looking for, you are never going to hear about it and never get invited.

The joys of living in a classiest and elitist city :)

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Tony C...

Why do you always have to bother answering my replies? Anyway, what I meant is exactly what you told the poster...sorry if I didn't explain myself right...

If it's not a joke, and if the poster really was into designer clothes, he would know exactly where to find them in DR or anywhere in the world, if he has to ask...he probably can't afford them!

And the same goes for the 'club scene'...who comes into a public forum like this to ask such things??? :eek:

We are more interested in 'sankie' stories and the wholesome 'chopo' lifestyle!!! :classic:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
W.C.Fields used to say;"I don't want to join a Club that would have ME as a Member!"

THat should be YOUR Motto!
What is "Face Control"??
If you are a young attractive girl,SIT ON MY FACE,and I'll show you CONTROL!!

You sound like an arrogant self-absorbed Piece-oF-Sh*t!

Give me a young "Chopa" from "Capotillo" over a Club Freak anyday!
Cris Colon

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
suarezn said:
the best club with the most upscale clientele in the DR is in Santiago and its name is Kelvin's CW (not sure what the CW stands for - Maybe Clients With money)...

I think even Kelvin Carwash quality has gone down. The first time I went there in '01 the employees looked much better.

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
what are you talking about!

You never were acting like that when you were sitting at the Colmadon out side sharing barcelo with my shopos buddies. You were lucky they leave you sit with them.

One more thing, my chofer with his motoconcho W, will give you a tour in SD,

Oh my goodness I can't believe how people change after eating Frituras, chimi churris and tripitas. Now talking about Class.

Come on!

Go to "Bon soir" Disco, is the best place for you in SD. they will treat you like VIP guy. but please "Park your bike away to the door"

About getting cloth, got to "La pulga" is open every sunday

have some body tell prive party in the DR ? if so where?

trap11 said:
Hi,

Thanks

Last edited:

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I don't know about clubs but they have some great 'underground' parties at different venues in Santo Domingo, about once per month, that would rival anything you can find in South Beach Miami. They bring in top DJ's from around the world but its more of a 'music' scene with fun young people than the snob-fest you're looking for.

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
Conchman said:
I don't know about clubs but they have some great 'underground' parties at different venues in Santo Domingo, about once per month, that would rival anything you can find in South Beach Miami. They bring in top DJ's from around the world but its more of a 'music' scene with fun young people than the snob-fest you're looking for.
What type of music is usually played at these underground parties?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
This is not R&B or Hip Hop but rather Cut-of-the-Edge House and Trance, as played in the best clubs of South Beach, NY City, England, Holland. The music can vary across a broad spectrum, depending on the DJ.

I can name you the DJ's at the most recent parties:

Nick Warren, Sander Kleinenberg, Deep Dish, Chus & Ceballos, George Acosta
Tiesto.

coming up in the next few weeks are:

Satoshi Tomiie, James Holden, Steven Lawler

These names will probably mean nothing to you, unless you follow club music and culture.

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
Conchman said:
This is not R&B or Hip Hop but rather Cut-of-the-Edge House and Trance, as played in the best clubs of South Beach, NY City, England, Holland. The music can vary across a broad spectrum, depending on the DJ.....
I figured it sounded too good to be true. Thanks for the info.

Bonche.com is the best party listing IMO, but www. Uepa.com has some good info also.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
JDub said:
I figured it sounded too good to be true. Thanks for the info.

Bonche.com is the best party listing IMO, but www. Uepa.com has some good info also.

Are you doubting the fact that these DJ's played here? I can give you dates and locations.

Most of the time, these events are held at Guacara Taina (the cave) or at 'El Rio Isabela,' an outdoor venue near the Botanical Gardens.