Sun Village cleanliness issues

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
We just had our annual staff get-together for our company at Sun Village and there were some issues with the cleanliness and maintenace of the place (to put it mildly)

1) my wife got VERY SICK from swimming in the pool, a fever with vomiting and infection that lasted most of the week, I had to rush her to the hospital in the middle of the night the fever was so high, much worse and longer lasting than a standard flu.

2) several, people from our group reported getiing sick from the cafeteria food

3) one couple reported a rat inside the room they were in.

Ordinarily none of these things would surprise me given the fact that this is after all a tropical country and arguably 3rd world (OK, "developing industrial nation")

But Sun Village seemed to have such a good image, I was very dissapointed - although my iron stomach and the fact that I spent more time tanning than swimming kept me from any personal harm.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I am not disputing the fact that your wife,and other became ill.

I am disputing your statement that the "Pool" was the source of your wife's illness,and the "Food" the source of the "others" illness,and you not getting ill at all because you spent less time in the pool!
If you came to the DR from another country for the week,you were exposed to many "Microbes" in the airports,and on the plane.That,combined with the drying effects of low humidity on your mucous membranes,and .....!
Whenever people gather in large groups,especially when from different parts of the Globe,many are bound to become ill with upper respiratory ang gastro-intestinal "Bugs"!
It always amazes me that when people get sick,they can always pinpoint the time,place,and source of that illness!
Hope you are all fully recovered by now!
Washing your hands many times a day,and using hand "sanitizers" can reduce these illnesses by many times.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

PS,the DR is not "Developing",and much less "Industrial"!!! :rolleyes:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
We all live in the DR, we traveled down from Santiago so there couldn't have been any new microbes, (unless they came from Europe) and we certainly never spent any time on aplane between Santiago and Cofressi.

It was her doctor's guess that her sickness had come from a swimming pool.

People know when they get sick from eating something more often than not.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
MrMike's wife is Dominican. I have heard only good things about Sun Village, looks like you guy's picked a bad week.