Hippo spamming me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
As if it wasn't bad enough that I have been caught up in a couple of Hippo rallies on my way to the airport, now he's spamming my e-mail account.
Here are copies of his Highness El Burro's BS.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
La verdad sobre la quiebra de los bancos y la crisis econ?mica.

La crisis en los bancos intervenidos ha sido grave y costosa pero ha sido absorbida por el Gobierno para que no recayera con efectos catastr?ficos sobre los depositantes. Unos pocos muy ricos, cientos de miles padres y madres de familia de clase media y de escasos recursos.

Sin el coraje de Hip?lito Mej?a, sin su fortaleza de car?cter para asumir graves y grandes responsabilidades, hoy miles de hogares estuvieran en la quiebra y la desesperanza.

Esa fue la soluci?n costosa y dolorosa pero cierta y efectiva para evitar una cat?strofe econ?mica y social sin precedentes.

Olv?dese de los elementos anecd?ticos y emocionales que dejan tras s? todas las crisis.

Recapitule lo verdaderamente esencial y p?ngase en el lugar, aunque sea por un momento, de un depositante de Baninter y despu?s de eso redimensione el papel jugado por el Presidente en las soluciones para que entiendan con justeza la aut?ntica dimensi?n del esfuerzo realizado por ?ste para evitar el desquiciamiento de casi la totalidad de la sociedad y la econom?a de los dominicanos.

Para los tiempos buenos Mej?a sembr? las semillas en los tiempos malos.

Para evitar que se repita lo peor del pasado ya Mej?a sabe como hacerlo.

Su experiencia de hoy aumenta la confianza para un ma?ana que comienza el 16 de mayo al cerrarse el conteo de votos.

No inventemos! Reflexionemos!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

MI VOTO ES ECONOMICO

Hay mucho entusiasmo en algunos sectores empresariales y de clase alta y media de la sociedad, con un posible triunfo del Dr. Leonel Fern?ndez.

Estos sectores se entusiasmaron con la candidatura del Dr. Fern?ndez porque entienden que su triunfo traer?a la estabilidad de la econom?a.

En el Banco Central hay unos 72 mil millones de pesos en certificados de ahorrantes, que han confiado en las pol?ticas monetarias de este gobierno.

Si se diera el hipot?tico caso de que el PLD ganara las elecciones, que pasar?a con esos $72,000.00 millones de certificados del Banco Central ?

Lo m?s probable ser?a que sucediera una corrida para sacar los ahorros del Banco Central y comenzar a convertir esos pesos en d?lares.

Con una situaci?n como la anterior a cuanto llegar?a la tasa de cambio y a como se pondr?a el d?lar? al 60 x 1, al 70 x 1, al 80 x 1, no lo sabemos.

Como empresarios y como clase alta y media, no juguemos con la estabilidad econ?mica y monetaria que el gobierno de Hip?lito Mej?a ha logrado. Pensemos fr?amente y sin apasionamientos por quien deber?amos votar el 16 de mayo.

Yo, despu?s de esta reflexi?n, estoy decidido a votar por Hip?lito Mej?a.

Captdavid

Feb 19, 2004
I just got one of the spam mail you listed. How in the world did they get my e-mail address? I actually think it's from DR1.

I am so highly ticked off! I sent them a reply telling them to stick in the......

Juniper

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Captdavid said:
I just got one of the spam mail you listed. How in the world did they get my e-mail address? I actually think it's from DR1.

I am so highly ticked off! I sent them a reply telling them to stick in the......

Juniper

They CANNOT get your email address from DR1.
It's a blind address on the message board and we NEVER sell or rent our lists.

Replying to their BS spam could cause you more problems.
Now they know your an active email account.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I received both too & responded that THEY were LOCO for thinking that Hippo would get things right the second time!! I suggested they were voting for their own personal gain & not for the Dominicanos ..... then told them their incoming mail was now BLOCKED!!! - Grahame

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Nelly said:
maybe codetel sells the info?

Maybe? But mine came to my robert@dr1.com adddress.
The email was sent from a local Codetel IP address.
They are using a modified version of Outlook to send it.

Unleast they wasn't trying to sell me another 3 inches :)

Welcome to the Internet...

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Robert said:
Maybe? But mine came to my robert@dr1.com adddress.
The email was sent from a local Codetel IP address.
They are using a modified version of Outlook to send it.

Unleast they wasn't trying to sell me another 3 inches :)

Welcome to the Internet...

ONE of mine came from a HOTMAIL: address. When I sent them a rude reply it was 'Bounced' Back stating the inbox was full .......... obviously with a load other DR1'ers telling them to stop spamming us!!!

ROBERT, ...... where DID you learn your English? "THEY WASN'T......." ?????- Grahame.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Hlywud said:
I blocked the first one then still got 2 more, went to an anonymous email site and then responded and told them where to put hippo, where the sun don't shine.

Responding to spam emails is never a very good idea. Now they know you are an "active" and "real" email account.

You are better off to bounce them and just junk filter them.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
After responding to them I put them on my BLOCK section but it still got through again. Interesting reply though - I attach below!!!

Limpien su escritorio

! CO?O ~!!*?!"?%$&/)^*;$*&@*!~!~@#($)

E' PA FUERA QUE VAN!!

Now that is what I call intelligence!!!!!!!!! - Grahame.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
BushBaby said:
After responding to them I put them on my BLOCK section but it still got through again. Interesting reply though - I attach below!!!

Limpien su escritorio

! CO?O ~!!*?!"?%$&/)^*;$*&@*!~!~@#($)

E' PA FUERA QUE VAN!!

Now that is what I call intelligence!!!!!!!!! - Grahame.

That's hilarious.
Wish I could decipher the censored part.
Glad you gave them a piece of your mind.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
OMG I don't know if I should feel honoured or scared.

This is all the email says:

Este 16 de Mayo
Vota por tu Partido, vota por el PRD
VOTA BLANCO
14/05/04 - 10:45:34 pm

Where did they get my email? It's my sprint account.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Anna Coniglio said:
OMG I don't know if I should feel honoured or scared.

This is all the email says:

Este 16 de Mayo
Vota por tu Partido, vota por el PRD
VOTA BLANCO
14/05/04 - 10:45:34 pm

Where did they get my email? It's my sprint account.

Don't be TOO honoured Anna - I got the same one on TWO of my e-mail addresses (Codetel AND Hotmail!!). I wrote the same messaage back putting a 'NO' in front of Votar por el PRD & changing PRD to read PPH!! Then I suggested people should vote ANYTHING other than "White" & that they should vote for the country rather than rogues & scoundres!!

Haven't had a reply from them yet!!!!!! - Grahame.

carolinet

Oct 21, 2003
I got the spam e-mails you're talking about too!! 'vote blanco' etc. and the truth about the collapse of the banks. I haven't a clue where they got my address because the spam came to my work mail. There does seem to be a link to DR1 though because I gave my work address when I joined. Kinda suspicious, huh?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
carolinet said:
There does seem to be a link to DR1 though because I gave my work address when I joined. Kinda suspicious, huh?

Do we look like we supported the PRD in their election campaign?

Is DR1 the only place you have ever used your email address?
Has it only ever been used once and only for signing up here?

We have thousands (20,000+) of email addresses in our database, wouldn't you think we should be spamming all of them?

What would be the point of only spamming people on DR1, especially as 95% of you cannot vote?

We are not the reason for your "I have been spammed via DR1" conspiracy theories.

Thread Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.