What about Internet Access at home

Astral

Mar 13, 2003
Hi everybody !

I plan to go for 2 month in an apartement in Punta Cana. I'm Graphist and I'd like to continue to work with my partner in France during this time. But I need a fast internet connection.

Do you know if it's available in this part of country, what kind of access exist ? Is Codetel is the only provider ?

Then I want to go to samana and the neighbourood such as el limon and las terrenas. I have the same questions ?

Thanks

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
You need to check with the place where you will be living if they already have a fast connection. If not, you would have to rely on the Internet cafes in the area, that while have a fast connection will charge you by the hour.

Experience has shown that the telephone companies are not reliable in installing their service, so while they may tell you a week or two, you could end up waiting two months.

Ditto for Samana. It may be possible, though, to rent a place that already has a fast connection installed.

claudius_2k

Apr 10, 2003
I use 3g from centennial with a laptop, it works surprisingly nice, suposedly it works in punta cana, verizon also offers the 3g service but dont know the coverture, anyway I would test it just in the aparment before . I tested it only in SD and playa dorada so far working fine (in caribe tours in PP did not work)

you need also a GTRANS pcmcia card, centennial have a 1 year minimun contract, but since codetel does allow a month by month contract it seems they are relaxing that condition.

I'm thinkin about going to punta cana or bavaro 1 or 2 months, where did you find your aparment?