Did you know that??????

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
-Leonel Fernandez, who has now been crowned before the first vote is cast on May 16, is(like legendary kings and emperors used to)receiving gifts from many sectors expecting to join the bandwagon? Some of the gifts are as ridiculous as helicopters, sailboats, armored vehicles, briefcases full of cash, and even signed property titles. Leonel is known to have returned the gifts. . Some gifts appear to be coming from PPH impostors trying to catch him cashing in. But Leonel needs no help. He will take whatever he wants after August 16. He doesn't need PPH favors.
-The philathropic arm of Baninter not only extended to people in the media like Julio Hazim, who was given hundreds of millions in unsecured loans , but extended as far as the bank's personal harem. The bank had a special taste for "megadivas" and beautiful chics and collected them by the dozens. One of them, "La Duluc" was given an unsecured $300,000 loan(you will not see this made public anywhere). This megadiva was not only rewarded for her gorgeous body by Baninter. She is in the "red" with other "loans" from other banks. I saw her credit bureau report and even the paper on it has turned red. She doesn't seem concerned and banks are still lending her cash. She is not alone. The recent new sex oriented TV programs led by these girls in Telecentro, and other TV stations are financed by their newly acquired boyfriends.
-Fernando Villalona is so afraid of his "megadiva"'s previous media lifestyle, that he is starting to be seen following her everywhere she goes driving the fancy new car he bought for her. Poor old fool. Why not just enjoy her. You paid for her. Let her just be herself. In a few months she will just take your money and go. But you would have enjoyed a real nice as-!!
-The National Palace has nothing to envy a "caba?a" on Autopista San Isidro. Girls are being helicoptered to and from for parties on early afternoons. While women are not allowed in miniskirts and showy clothes for official business, call girls are being quietly sneaked in for private affairs. There's a TV spot for Hippo's reelection showing some of the girls being used as "PRD sympathizers".
-Some of the girls were seen being sneaked in into darkened tinted glass jeepetas in last Sunday's Santiago PRD rally's caravan. I was told that a Bill Clinton type under-the-desk party was going on. A run on drug stores for Ramses lubricated pieces was going on. A long limo rented for the occasion was filled with girls on their way to the PPH orgy with police on a motorcade easing the way. JW's Black Label was being served from the palace stock.
-I had the priviledge of holding back the fast rushing PPH motorcade by not veering to the side as instructed by the AMET motorcycles pushing everyone aside. I kept driving in my lane, as it is my right. I paid my expensive license plates and taxes, while most in the motorcade never paid a dime for their plates, including Hippo. So why should I stay on the side so this orgy can go on? The AMET agents just gave me a dirty stare, to no avail. I was not going to be bullied. If you ever face a similar situation, do the same thing. They won't be able to do a thing. Their only interest is rushing on and they have no time to argue or fight you back. Besides, the last thing they need is an incident with an angry taxpayer that can be inmediately videotaped by the hungry press vehicles following the caravans. Many in the press are enemies of the political group involved and will stop at nothing to cover the most insignificant problem. I know that, so I defied them and held them for minutes.
-Hippo's PPH political ads claiming that Leonel is going to stop payment on interest for Banco Central certificates has backfired and started a run on the bank. More than $4 billion pesos has been withdrawn since the ad was released. The result is the recent rise in value of the dollar, which is non-existent for purchase. Yet, if you sell your dollars you can easily get $49 and up from exchange houses, depending on the amount(an increase from $43.50 before the ad). From my window I can see the activity at BC. Parking spaces in the streets have been depleted by certificate holders and "parqueadores" in the streets are doing great business. Even sidewalks were used for spots.
-Beware of people calling you at home saying that they are from Junta Central Electoral and that they are taking a poll on your voting preference. While the JCE knows about this and who is doing it, it is a PPH boiler room group that will take action if you say you will vote for Leonel. As soon as you say "Leonel" your voting location will be switched to another town far away and in a worst case scenario, your cedula will dissappear from the voting list. If you get the call just say " Hipolito, para los buenos tiempos".
TW

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
This happened to someone I know here in the US...but can't say if this is something that is widespread...

All people need to do is be on their toes and tell the caller the who they choose to vote for is none of their business (never revealing their choice)...

Political Parties have received registered voter information and are only to use the information to call and suggest people vote for one candidate or another (reading from a script) and/or requesting if people need rides to the voting poll (also reading from a script).

However, asking people to reveale their candidate is WRONG and UNETHICAL. Unless it is done by professional neutral third party and follows the standard operating procedures for surveys mainly obtaining a randomized sample (which can only be done in DR). The caller must provide all information as requested, yet reading from a script. JCE there for CANNOT be one of them.

D
Golo100 said:
-Beware of people calling you at home saying that they are from Junta Central Electoral and that they are taking a poll on your voting preference. While the JCE knows about this and who is doing it, it is a PPH boiler room group that will take action if you say you will vote for Leonel. As soon as you say "Leonel" your voting location will be switched to another town far away and in a worst case scenario, your cedula will dissappear from the voting list. If you get the call just say " Hipolito, para los buenos tiempos".
TW