Dairy Products

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
I am counting down to my big move. Just three more weeks, baring no other surprises. I have researched and explored the finer details of how my life might be living in SDQ. From my new Barberia to the available toliet paper. My Spanish sucks big time so the Haircut was a very big deal for me.

Though somewhat trival and not a big deal at all, the one thing I have yet to find or understand . Well I'll say it this way..."I havent had WHOLE MILK in at least 10 years." I have search a few of the bigger stores, but nothing. Its not a big deal but if anyone know a brand or store with reduce fat milk. Please let me know. But something tells me I might end up mixing that powder stuff with water like Granny would do.

Another observation- I dont think I have ever seen in any country Diary section of a grocery with that much damn YOGURT. Only one brand of milk, but atleast 30 brands of yogurt. JUMBO even had yogurt that looked like milk.
TEHAMA

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
They Have 2%,1%,and .5% milk available.

It is not in the "Dairy Case".It is "Long Life" milk.It IS liquid,you just don't have to refrigerate it until open.Find them near the "Powdered Milk" section.
Now,it IS NOT as good as milk in the "Real World",but you will get used to it!Last time I was it Boston,I tried some 2%,but it was too "rich" for my "new taste".I went to 1%!
Cris Colon

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
TEHAMA said:
Another observation- I dont think I have ever seen in any country Diary section of a grocery with that much damn YOGURT. Only one brand of milk, but atleast 30 brands of yogurt. JUMBO even had yogurt that looked like milk.
TEHAMA

You might try making your own yogurt - it is not hard and very inexpensive. Of course you will need the proper ingredients but if you check on the internet for some recipes you can then check at grocery stores to see if they have what you need. Just a thought since I am a yogurt fan myself and would miss it too.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I think he has enough yogurt and just wants some milk.

Mmmm, yogurt, fresh at a roadside stand in Sosua. Our host said, "If you don't get sick, you'll make it in this country!" It was good stuff, and we didn't get sick.