Arriving Friday, Coca Chica!

Tripps

Apr 30, 2004
Arriving Friday, Boca Chica!

I just wanted to say that this is the most informative collective forum I have ever had the oppurtunity to look upon. I hope that I may be able to meet some of you that live there, work there. I arrive Friday and will be living in Boca Chica. I will be staying at My American born Dominican friend's parents house. Although we are good friends he will be spending an extended period of time with his Dominican friends in the area. I feel this is an oppurtunity, but I would really appreciate the ability to meet some contacts that are all ready there. My name is Ian Kerr, I am a 29 year old heterosexual male, had to throw that in lol. I hope to stay there for a long time. Please E-mail me at iiiankerr4@hotmail.com or iiankerr75@yahoo.com. I will be checking my E-mail frequently, BTW is there any place to get a cell phone while I am there, good places to shop for clothes, need a new watch! I appreciate any and all suggestions, comments. Hope to see some of you soon. Ian

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Yes, no, no.

Tripps said:
BTW is there any place to get a cell phone while I am there, good places to shop for clothes, need a new watch! I appreciate any and all suggestions, comments. Hope to see some of you soon. Ian

Clothes, bring em or go to the capital, otherwise gringo beach pattern shirts etc. Way too expensive for the quality. No real stores to speak of in BC, Coquito or Andres actually.

Cell phone - Orange shop is @ Caribe Cellular on the east side of the road that goes from Hamaca to the highway, across from the Shell station. Decent Nokias if you are not into the camera and other BS was RD$2100 in April.

Watches sold by vendaderos are crap copies of Tag, Rolex and don't work a week and the joyerias are overpriced, so get one before you go, or maybe duty free at the airport, but I bet you won't do that well at a US airport either.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
ricktoronto said:
Instead of posting this correction go back and edit the thing.

what i discovered in the past (although this may have changed) is that once you post a new thread on the board, the edit function works only on the message not the title of the thread.

mob

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Not True

mobrouser said:
what i discovered in the past (although this may have changed) is that once you post a new thread on the board, the edit function works only on the message not the title of the thread.

mob
I just checked and both of my posts in this thread are editable.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
guess i wasn't clear enough. once Tripps submitted the first post in this thread, the title which appears under the column "Thread/Thread Starter" in the forum listings is uneditable(is that a word?) from my past experience. any replies may be edited after the fact, however.

mob

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Damn that so-called progress!

mobrouser said:
guess i wasn't clear enough. once Tripps submitted the first post in this thread, the title which appears under the column "Thread/Thread Starter" in the forum listings is uneditable(is that a word?) from my past experience. any replies may be edited after the fact, however.

mob

Computers - who needs them? I am surfing using a toaster starting now.