Need Information on Inmobiliaria BHD. Inc.

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
Has anyone purchase apartment or house from the above named corperation selling out of NYC. Before I start dealing with this company I want to know if the quality of their work meets those required in in U S.
If they have problems with their products, quality control etc. are their foundation work good enought to stand those small earthquakes that affect DR. cracks on walls and floors etc. do they dig down into the soil to remove top soil,etc. use of broken cinder block, is one of the most common complain in DR construction. leading to failure of walls even years after construction.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I got my apartment from their office in Santo Domingo. They have been quite nice. I can not really complain about the financing service.
What I think they lack are good building projects. Their buildings in Santo DOmingo (atleast the ones they showed me ) look really nice and top end, but their plumbing and electric wiring usually sucks. If you are going to remodel, which is what I did, then it might work for you.

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
The price on they largest house own your own lot was quite reasonable but the look of their construction is boxy and the description of the materials, such as marble foor, was not clear and the salesperson could not clarify if it means marble clips with white cement. I want solid marble, that what their add imply. "terminacion en caoba" does not go into fine details, eXcept for the kitchen. it does not states window, with glass or shutters of mohogoney and all doors and window sills, and closets to me this is implied by the term used.

I have no hope of ever seeing any good plumbing in DR and the electrical is hardy ever grounded, these so called professionals don't even exist there.
I seen plumbmers looking for the pipes in the walls after comstruction, punching holes in order to place the sink. they can't read building plans. These are two industries that are filled with clowns that got their training at the park in an aftermoon.

Last edited:

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Great Company

I have purchased two Apartments from them, great service and very helpful. The last apartment I purchased was built en Los Prados, SD, right next to Piantini. Beautiful floor, very spacious, my only complaint was the master bedroom is smaller than my 1st apartment, I also find it pricey for the fact the building doesn't have a planta or elevator but then again I have a first floor apartment. Also my apartment has 2 parking spaces, 24-hour security, can't complain.