What is the best resort for single guys?

LIvestatic

May 11, 2004
A couple of male friends and I are planning a trip To DR this late June, We would like to know what are the best resorts for a couple of single guys can go. I have been to Jack Tar with my girlfriend a few years ago and loved it. But that was purely couples from the UK and Ireland. I would like to know what is the most popular resorts singles go. I have found that a lot of people from Canada mostly a young crowd ready to party go to Playa dorada, maybe I'm wrong maybe its punta cana or some othe place. I prefered to go to playa dorada but there are 15 resorts there. so if anyone can give me their insight i would greatly appreciated.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
If you liked Playa Dorada then it is good in that it is quite central, you are close to Puerta Plata, Sosua and cabarete.

I cant speak for the south because i have never been. But I am sure a lot of people will recommend cabarete to you though. Nice restaurants, some good bars and discos and plenty of young ones!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Best resort for single guys.

LIvestatic said:
A couple of male friends and I are planning a trip To DR this late June, We would like to know what are the best resorts for a couple of single guys can go. I have been to Jack Tar with my girlfriend a few years ago and loved it. But that was purely couples from the UK and Ireland. I would like to know what is the most popular resorts singles go. I have found that a lot of people from Canada mostly a young crowd ready to party go to Playa dorada, maybe I'm wrong maybe its punta cana or some othe place. I prefered to go to playa dorada but there are 15 resorts there. so if anyone can give me their insight i would greatly appreciated.

Casa Marina Reef or Beach in downtown Sosua.
Walk out of the resort and you're right in the thick of it.
No travel time, no taxis to pay, crawling home distance when you're drunk, etc.
Marco.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Where is the Moderator when you need him/her??

this thread should be moved to "GENERAL"

HB

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
LIvestatic said:

Hey I have some suggestions. I would suggest Paradise Beach Resort, great club. Lots of singles I noticed. When do you plan on going? That could make a difference. I also suggest Fun Royale/Tropicale, not directly on the beach, but a great 3* property. Tons of singles. I have stayed there 5 times myself, and went as a single 4 times, and always met tons of people. Msg me if you have any questions. Have fun.

Bacalao

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 5, 2003
We know Puerto Plata,

LIvestatic said:

Hola Amigo,

If you need any information on Puerto Plata and you are looking to have a good time that extends out the extends outside the typical excursion. You can contact me at my web or on the phone. We can find you the perfect place that is inexpensive, safe and guarantee a good time for all.

Donny Miller@yahoo.com

809-962-4167

rentaroompop.com

ustelephone

Mar 31, 2004
www.ecoislandadventures.com
Santo Domingo (The Forgotten City)

I agree with all of the above, however, you might enjoy a stay in Santo Domingo. It seemed liked the theme of your question was the single action, and I find that the best place to be single is in SD. Boca Chica is a cab/bus ride away for beaches. Hotels range from $20-$150 per night, depending on your demands. I live here and have traveled most of the country. My luck has always been best here in SD. Most will disagree with me.

If you decide to come here, please feel free to send me a PM and I can offer further advice.

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
bunch of guys?

if its a bunch of guys going to DR perhaps you should try looking into BLACK BEARD.