Bachata Brava 2004

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
Can anyone help, I bought a CD called BACHATA BRAVA 2004 recently, whilst in DR, there was a track I really wanted a recording of I believe it was called Mi hermosa canahuate by Raulin. It is bachata and says 'mummy mummy' in the chorus. The copy I bought does not play all the tracks, but now I am trying to track this recording down by this title name and or singer but can not find it I have tried various download music sites as well as music shops etc Does any one this music and if the title/singer are correct?

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Limewire....

has it. Do a search under Raulin Rodriguez. It's under the title ay ombre 2004track#8. If you don't have limewire than do a search under raulin rodriguez in Kazaa

Minni

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
The song is called: Ay Hombe

Susie x,

The song you are looking for is the first track from his new album called "Si no te tengo". The song is called:

AY HOMBE (a.k.a Ay Hombre). I just checked my cd I happen to have it with me. May I make a suggestion: Buy the album it's wonderful. If you like the first song I assure you, you will like all the other bachatas. The cd can be purchased on-line @Amazon.com, cduniverse or Barnes & Nobles.

I hope this helps.

susie x said:
Can anyone help, I bought a CD called BACHATA BRAVA 2004 recently, whilst in DR, there was a track I really wanted a recording of I believe it was called Mi hermosa canahuate by Raulin. It is bachata and says 'mummy mummy' in the chorus. The copy I bought does not play all the tracks, but now I am trying to track this recording down by this title name and or singer but can not find it I have tried various download music sites as well as music shops etc Does any one this music and if the title/singer are correct?

Last edited:

debs

Jun 10, 2002
You can also find the song here minus the spyware and other crap that will clog your computer with LimeWire.

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
I am not sure it is Ay hombre

I have an album by Raulin Rodriguez El cacique del amargue es mejor and that has a track called "ay hombre" but it is not the track I am after it doesn't say "mummy mummy", not on this version anyway.

When I asked people when the track played what it was called, at the hotel they all pointed out mi hermosa canahuate on the cd cover, but it did just have 'Raulin' not Raulin Rodriguez as the artist. I suspect it is the same artist as I love all the tracks on this CD I do have by him.

I will check out Limewire.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Okay. Now that you have said more you may have a song that was from a pirated version of Raulin's music before the "true cd", the original version was released on March 9, 2004 by J & N Records. I know most people don't pay much attention to these details but this is a situation where knowing this helps. Mi hermosa canahuate is by Raulin R but that was not supposed to be on the market. It got pirated and whatever was duplicated was quickly sold. You won't find it on any downloads because the song was not supposed to be released. The song that is "mi hermoso canahuate" is truly Ay Hombe. I don't know if you speak Spanish but the lyrics of "Ay hombe" start off like this: Mi hermoso canahuate florecido.... .

Also the "mommy mommy" part surprises me because Raulin does not mix English in his lyrics (Thank God) so try and pick some more words if you can that would help me to help you.

Also here are 2 track listings:

This is the pirated cd track list:

Tanto amor
Buena que ta
Amor de madrugada
Que sera de ti y de mi
Perdido por ti
Quiero dormir cansado
Me morir? de amor
Amor de mi vida (version #1)
Amor de mi vida (version #2)
Dimelo mujer
Navidad, Navidad (version merengue orquesta)

The true cd- Si no te tengo- the original cd released by J & N records:

Ay hombre
Es mejor
Y ahora te vas
Si no te tengo
Hoy quiero escribir una canci?n
Nadie m?s que tu
No me vuelvo a enamorar
Te quiero
Amor de mi vida
No enga?e mi coraz?n
Llora mi coraz?n
Que te pasa
Mi tonto amor

susie x said:
I have an album by Raulin Rodriguez El cacique del amargue es mejor and that has a track called "ay hombre" but it is not the track I am after it doesn't say "mummy mummy", not on this version anyway.

When I asked people when the track played what it was called, at the hotel they all pointed out mi hermosa canahuate on the cd cover, but it did just have 'Raulin' not Raulin Rodriguez as the artist. I suspect it is the same artist as I love all the tracks on this CD I do have by him.

I will check out Limewire.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
correction. I do have the Si No Tengo CD ...that i bought here in the states after beeing hawked a pirated version while in the DR.

Raulin DOES mix some english in on the CD ...the last cut on the cd "c'mon baby i love you" is said.

On the CD i got while in the dr there are a few songs that are not on the REAL CD...and one song is half in spanish and half in english "amore de vida". (there is another artist on that track who i dont know).

Anyway...go buy the legit version of the CD and give Raulin the legitimate support he deserves. I'm happy to have the pirate that i got while traveling (as it has stuff not on the real CD)..but as soon as i realized that it WAS a pirate i intended and DID buy the new CD. I was happy to find some new gems on the new cd. (my favorite new one being "te quiero"

any suggestions of other cd's of his to buy? I see he has so many and well....i only really discovered him on my last trip in february.

jj

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Is the song you are looking for by Joe Veras? He has a song called Coje Cuadre on his CD Carta de Verano. In the chorus of this song he sings "Mami Mami".

If you use WinMX, you should be able to download it from there. If you have trouble finding it, let me know...

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
mummi mummy

It is a pirate copy. It has various bachata songs by various artists. I will buy the CD mentioned as I have another cd by him that I love listening to.

I am not sure how you spell "mumi" "mummy" but it is not what it means in English. We asked some Dominicans and they said it had nothing to do with Mother, but was an expression used like a wolf whistle.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Debs and Susie x,

You beat me to it I was going to tell you that maybe you were mislead from the get go by having been told that it's Raulin R. I too think the song you are looking for is "COGE CUADRE" by Joe Veras. The corus is :

Ay coge cuadre "mami mami" que sufran los envidiosos...

"mami mami" in this context in Spanish means= Una mujer guapa (a beautiful woman). It's colloquial in Latin American Spainish for "a beautiful woman".

"Donde estan todas las mamis".

Check out Joe Veras' latest cd "Carta de Verano song # 6. Also I recommend you buying it. It's wonderful. It's another tremendous bachata cd that came out in 2003.

Debs,

You are just as keen as I am when it comes to bachata.

debs said:
Is the song you are looking for by Joe Veras? He has a song called Coje Cuadre on his CD Carta de Verano. In the chorus of this song he sings "Mami Mami".

If you use WinMX, you should be able to download it from there. If you have trouble finding it, let me know...

Last edited:

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Jrzyguy,

You are correct there is some English on the real cd "Si no te tengo". Actually in song # 2 "Es mejor". What I meant by not having English lyrics was it is unusual for Raulin. I have all his albums and this is the first time I ever heard him say something in English. Thus my comment was referring to the fact that it is rare but as we can see there is some. His bachata does not have English content nowhere to the degree of Aventura and Nueva Era. That's what I meant.

jrzyguy said:
correction. I do have the Si No Tengo CD ...that i bought here in the states after beeing hawked a pirated version while in the DR.

Raulin DOES mix some english in on the CD ...the last cut on the cd "c'mon baby i love you" is said.

On the CD i got while in the dr there are a few songs that are not on the REAL CD...and one song is half in spanish and half in english "amore de vida". (there is another artist on that track who i dont know).

Anyway...go buy the legit version of the CD and give Raulin the legitimate support he deserves. I'm happy to have the pirate that i got while traveling (as it has stuff not on the real CD)..but as soon as i realized that it WAS a pirate i intended and DID buy the new CD. I was happy to find some new gems on the new cd. (my favorite new one being "te quiero"

any suggestions of other cd's of his to buy? I see he has so many and well....i only really discovered him on my last trip in february.

jj

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Just out of curiosity:

What is a wolf whistle? I have never heard the term and I assure you that "una mami" is what I told you what it means. I am just curious that's all.

susie x said:
It is a pirate copy. It has various bachata songs by various artists. I will buy the CD mentioned as I have another cd by him that I love listening to.

I am not sure how you spell "mumi" "mummy" but it is not what it means in English. We asked some Dominicans and they said it had nothing to do with Mother, but was an expression used like a wolf whistle.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Make it play

susie x said:

Odds are that the copy you bought was bumped off a PC and an inferior quality disc was used. It will probably play all the tracks on another PC, and if it does, you can just copy it to your hard drive and then reburn it onto a higher quality blank disc.
Try it, it might work.
Marco.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
My "'Raulin cd suggestions"

I almost forgot to respond. You want suggestions of other Raulin Rodriguez cds. They are all good especially his last 5 productions. I suggest:

Corazon Corazon

Soledad

Sin Fortuna

Arrancame la vida- (this one may be hard to get. I bought in NYC in year 2000 and good thing I did because I have never seen it anywhere else and it's really good production)

Derroche de amor

jrzyguy said:

jj

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
wolf whistle

Lesley D said:
Just out of curiosity:

What is a wolf whistle? I have never heard the term and I assure you that "una mami" is what I told you what it means. I am just curious that's all.

A wolf whistle is the sound made by men, (typically builders on a site) to show that they find the woman attractive as she passes by.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
I figured it was something along those lines but it sounds so primitive.

Are you going to listen to Coge Cuadre by Joe Veras and do you understand "mami" based on my explanation? I am totally suprised that the Dominicans you asked could not explain that to you.

susie x said:
A wolf whistle is the sound made by men, (typically builders on a site) to show that they find the woman attractive as she passes by.

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
They did explain exactly what it meant, as I explained in post.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
thanks lesly....i live in NYC so i will look for those suggestion over the next few days.......off to work here now :-(

jj