Democracy lives

martinez

Apr 21, 2004
it gives me great satisaction to see that democracy does exsist in the dr, and that the dominican people have been able to use that freedom to choose in a correct manner to at least start in the right path. what they have to be wary of, are the ones that refuse to accept the change and the new way of thinking that is now just evolving in the dr.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
martinez said:
it gives me great satisaction to see that democracy does exsist in the dr, and that the dominican people have been able to use that freedom to choose in a correct manner to at least start in the right path. what they have to be wary of, are the ones that refuse to accept the change and the new way of thinking that is now just evolving in the dr.

I think today could be the turning point to a new direction for the DR.

This is a country where generally individuals have been stronger than "the system". As we all know, ,people can work things out to their satisfaction by paying the right person or having the right connections.

That way of doing things was assumed to carry all the way to the leadership of the country.

Instead, today, the system has proven stronger, and a bad president has been peacefully removed from power. This sends a huge message to the people, and over time paves the way for real improvements to the system.

What a great day!