Revenue and Lisenses requirement!

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
since the gobernment needs revenue and the country needs assurance that the people doing a certain job are qualified, many of the trade that are practiced could be regulated.

The testing fees, the test giver, the graders New jobs and guidelines for all constructions, reponsability and liability(Insurance) of the individual .tradespeson.
Medical board, with requirement, Archtecture, engenering, not just the university degree but separate state testing.

constructions all from plumbing, electricians, brick, and block, steel worker,intewrior designers, painters, carpenters, piledrivers. and even the heavy equipment operators.

Education, primary teachers, pre-school, Jr. high, high school, college and university.

Diferent types of driving lisences, according to what is been driven. Establish schools to teach driving (liability insurance) required.

Nail and beauty operations, also the barbers.

Add other type of lisence that you might see that is missing add to this list

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
This is great in theory, however, in the DR, government pricks wouldn't use this as another way to collect money via bribes and extort legitamate businesses.

So the bad businesses would continue to operate via family connections or bribes, government thugs would collect more money for their pockets, honest businesses would get extorted for money in order to get licenses, and government would have more tax money to waste on projects with kickbacks to their friends.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
And you're sure nobody on your list needs any licencing?

Teachers, driver's licences are just there for the taking, it that right? I didn't know that.

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
I am hopping for a better system!

Lisenses have educational requirements, in other words, both the customer and the provider knows that certain criteria have been meet for the profession. In the states I have my primary teaching credential, its requirements are four years at the university in the Liberal studies program graduate with a B+ or better and a fee of 27.50 Scan fingerprinting with is 72.00 and free of TB test.$5. I can teach in the school system until I apply for permmanent lisense by sending my old primary with another 27.50 for my permanent after teaching for a year and finishing my teaching certification program which consist of 32 university units and testing for the RICA(system in teaching how to read). and if desire get a master by taking 16 additional units. Then my lisense is good for five years, when I have to complete additional coursework to maintain the lisense. No lisense is permanent.

See how many job this system creates. If every field get lisenses.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Many of the "Fields" you have mentioned DO require licences!!! Most people who want or need them, go to the relevent department & buy them. Doesn't improve the quality of the applicant or the service they give at all & the taxes levied on these licences just went to pay for Mejia's re-election!!

I went & bought my driving licence 2 years ago, I bought how much I should pay on land tax 3 years ago, And I am one of those that actually PAYS taxes. Most pay someone in authority to NOT bill them for their income tax, licence fees, electricity supply etc!! - Grahame

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
No testing for Lisense?

Here every 5 years, one has to prove that the person is still capable of understanding the laws involved in a driving lisense.(if moving violations). Every year that you are fully Insured no registration on your car without the Insurance Certificate. and is no insurance your driving lisense get suspended. If involved in a acident were fatality occur lisense is suspened and if at folt jail time.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Here's my idea. If you really want a system like that, and a bureaucracy like that, then stay THERE.

If you detest a system like that, and think you are smart enough to look out for yourself, then come to the DR, and enjoy the fresh air of nobody "Writing more damn laws" to protect me. I can do that just fine by myself, thank you.

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
Money should buy a Drivers Lisense.

GringoCArlos said:
Here's my idea. If you really want a system like that, and a bureaucracy like that, then stay THERE.

If you detest a system like that, and think you are smart enough to look out for yourself, then come to the DR, and enjoy the fresh air of nobody "Writing more damn laws" to protect me. I can do that just fine by myself, thank you.

A system of Laws has to be there to protect us from those that can't drive , or can afford the Insurance, or take persoal reponvility for their action. Wait until someone you care about get push of the road by one that drove with a purchased lisense. I am a Dominican Citizen.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
You may be a Dominican citizen, but by your own admission, you live in the States. I stand by my advice - if you want even more regulation of ANYTHING, then stay there, and just keep saying to anyone there who will listen, "there oughta be a law", blah blah blah. You will get what you want, and gain even less freedom, and pay even more taxes for your troubles.

There is a basic system of law here in the DR that covers everything you mentioned. Enforcement is sporadic. If enforced, it is always AFTER the fact.

As far as Dominicans taking personal responsibility, FORGET IT. Damn few dominicans will take personal responsibility for ANYTHING, ANYWHERE.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
GringoCArlos said:

Carlos,
I think we are beating a dead horse here!!! Maria "all bets are off" is just NOT listening to the comments of those who live or visit regularly these wonderous shores!! We have learned over the years that the DR culture is NOT to stand in line but to 'Shove' forward ahead of everyone possible. We have learned that if a Dominican wants something, they will go buy it WHEN they need it & not a moment earlier. We know that "insurance" is rarely bought whether that be for House, cars, life, medical services because what might happen in two hours time (let alone 2 days or months) is unimportant, it is NOW & only now that matters. We have learned that Dominicans RARELY take responsibilty for their own actions - it is always someone else's fault!! We have LEARNED that the Dominican culture demands that laws made are laws to be circumnavigated wherever possible - BUY or use friends in high places to get what you want WHEN you want it.

BUT ..... we have also learned that Dominicans are HAPPY in their way of life & do not try to change them as that is the way they are - a wonderful, carefree, happy & friendly bunch of people, hard to better in any other country in the World!! Very few neurosies down here requiring Psycotherapists, virtually no achoholism problems (unless there is not enough beer to go around at parties) & just a generally easy, laid back lifestyle (so far laid back they are almost horizontal in fact)!

Imposing the USA lifestyle down here would be disaster as it would never work! Responsibilty taking by Dominicans MIGHT come in my lifetime, but I think it is going to be very much 'touch & go' & I certainly won't be in a position to take much notice as to whether this will be an improvement in the Dominican culture or not!! YES, I agree I get frustrated sometimes with broken appointments, lack of professionalism & things getting done differently to that that I had expected, but I soon get over it & get back to enjoying my life again WITH my Dominican friends!!

So, pass over another Presidente or Rum & lets all move on to another thread!! - Grahame.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You have been away so long,you are no longer a Dominican!

Or at least,don't know or understand the present day Dominican Republic!!! There are 100s of schools that "teach" driving,most near the licensing office on Tiradentes.My wife took the course.She was told by her "instructor",to give the examiner,500 pesos,to insure that she would pass!She did,and she DID!!!
In the DR,"Money Talks,and Bullsh*t walks"!!!!!!!!
The system works here,stay in California! We have seen how good things work there!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC